Home U.S. Coin Forum

Does anyone know anything about "Collectors.com" ?

thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just stumbled on the site. It seem to be the kind of thing that links websites, ebay listings, etc.
Does anyone sell there ? Or just use the site ?

Comments

• DotStoreDotStore Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

hmmm, I always thought it was the "Umbrella" of our host PCGS, PSACARDS, etc...

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a collectable search engine site to find things up for sale, at auction, or coming up for auction soon.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just put error coins in and the search brings in all the crap that are not error coins.

We need a magical filter.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s essentially the same as the PCGS ‘shop’ function. I found my rarest coin using that site but I was LUCKY 🍀 Lightning hasn’t struck again since but I still check it from time to time.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

My only experience was while searching for a particular coin and stumbling across a listing for it that directed me to Bob Paul rare coins.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you folks !

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use it to locate coins, and contact the dealer myself.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many years ago it was something very different. It was a site where individual small dealers could post auctions of say 50-500 coins in an auction under your own business name. Kinda like Ebay but not posted as individual lots. Posted and sold as an auction with many lots from one seller, with a dozen or two dozen different auctions closing each evening, each with hundreds of lots.

I ran several auctions on there as well as many other dealers. The domain was sold and became what you see today. Anyone else remember the auctions on collectors.com? I'd guess this was about 20-25 years ago, around the early days of Ebay.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

It needs some serious updating. It's showing coins being available from long retired dealers.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you think outside the box, it has many useful ways it can be used

• 1946Hamm1946Hamm Posts: 762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought one of my type coins there in Aug.1998. It is a 1800 dotted date bust dollar. The site was much different back then.

Have a good day, Gary

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file