Home Sports Talk
Options

Red Sox are hot now

tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭

After their bout with covid over they have been on fire and should do well in the playoffs.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 in a row and wearing those terrible yellow uniforms

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

I like those yellow uniforms.

• Options

it seems we will be seeing more of them as long as the winning continues. Heard on Radio that the team is looking at them as good luck charms!

maybe they will grow on me.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Marathon uniforms correct? Now is the time to get hot if your a team in contention for a playoff spot

• Options

yes, the yellow and blue marathon unis.

they are hot at the right time. I like their chances to get into the wild card game and i like Sale pitching in that game.

• Options

Sale makes a real difference for sure and their hitting is out of this world.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Red Sox appear to have found the miracle they needed to come in the back door and grab a wild card slot. Their recent play shows a team that is definitely on a roll, unlike the clown show in August. Speaking of clown show, enough with the yellow uniforms already, Halloween is still at least 5 weeks away. They should go back to their standard gear, but, at this point, I'm sure the powers to be don't want to rock the "invisible power" that some would believe controls karma at this point.

They clearly blew their shot at the American League East, with inept plays, poor base running, and the inability to get key hits with numerous RISP opportunities. They should have won the Division going away. I have posted about this performance ad nauseum, and they deserved it.

So, we'll soon see how the chips fall, I think there are 9 or 10 games to go. I don't think they will advance very far into the playoffs if they get there. Oh, and Verdugo...we get it, your wife had a baby, enough with the rocking thing when you get on base.

Enjoy the games.

• Options

Schwarber and Dalbac are on fire right now. I hope Whitlock comes off the IL when he is supposed to as they need him badly.

• Options

The Yankees are the hot team right now. Hopefully the Sox can put a stop to that today!

• Options

I'll be kind and say nothing.

• Options

I don't blame you, when you are right then you are right. I knew it was over when Whitlock went down . They need to go all out for pitching this winter as they just don't have enough to last out another season like this last one.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny how things change so fast in baseball. The best thing that happened tonight for Boston was that the Yankees won - go figure!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

That is true but the sox dont have the pitching to go any further this year.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29, 2021 8:40PM
  • Options

I guess it's "WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR " time again!

• Options

I mean losing to the O’s at this critical win or go home junction means they don’t deserve a spot anyways.

• Options

Professional ballplayers are paid a fortune to PERFORM, the Red Sox team is no exception and they have not performed well. These guys are paid millions for 6 months of playing baseball, the math is stunning to see what they earn per game. Just Google "Red Sox payroll", look at their salary and divide by 162. Many make tens of thousands per game!! And what do we fans see? Disappointment and lackluster performance. All the rah, rah about Sale was shot during the Orioles series, he can only pitch every 5 games, but so many thought he was gonna be the savior. NOT. Somebody clue Verdugo that the rock the baby thing when you get on base is old news, act like you're in the game and focused, not goofing for some video you can show your kid one day. The first few times was ok, but as a daily "hey, look at me", has gotten very old.

Getting almost swept by the lowly Orioles is a joke, the Orioles are the worst performing team in all of MLB. The Red Sox deserve to be toast.

The Red Sox collapse began in early August and they never recovered. A plethora of inept pitching, lack of key hits with RISP, bush league base running and an overall malaise let to giving up a once 9 game lead in their Division. When opportunity presented itself for Bloom to pick up much needed pitching, he opted out. Cora's management style is weak and his decisions led to games lost by either leaving in or pulling pitchers.

IF by some crazy miracle they get the 2nd wildcard, they won't go far, they don't have that gotta win, cowboy up mentality that was so prevalent in 2004. I hope Cora is gone in 2022

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

WHAT JUST HAPPENED???????????????????????

Houck pitching a PERFECT GAME through 5 innings, and he gets pulled for a reliever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are hot now

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

My recorder will be busy today with lots of programs to watch.
    Red Sox at 1 PM (my time).
    Nascar race and Patriots and Bucs later.
    Go Red socks, Bucs and Chase Elliot.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, looks like Sox - Yankees - 8pm Tuesday

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the Yankees will have Bucky Dent there for, they hope, good luck.

Steve

• Options

Well I got 2 of my wishes with the Red Sox and the Bucs and will be watching the Nascar race today as it got rained out yesterday.

• Options

GO SOX!!!!

• Options

What in the world happened to Chris Sale? not what i was expecting at all. Is there any chance he can give us 3 or 4 innings tuesday? he only went 2 1/3 yesterday.

they will have Cole going. of course JD managed to sprain his ankle tripping over the bag on his way to the outfield.

good grief.

• Options

I hope JD does not return the the Sox the winter.