Home Sports Talk
Options

Aaron Rodgers lashes out at Jermichael Finley

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaron Rodgers lashing out on The Pat McAfee Show.

Packers' Aaron Rodgers blasts those who question his work ethic

Former Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley recently generated headlines when he questioned the work ethic of former teammate and reigning NFL Most Valuable Player Aaron Rodgers and even went so far as to say that the Packers needed to be ready to make the switch to Jordan Love if Rodgers couldn't rally the troops back following a 38-3 blowout loss to the New Orleans Saints in Week 1. That was before Rodgers and company downed the Detroit Lions Monday night to notch their first win of the season.

According to Chris Bumbaca of USA Today, Rodgers was asked during Tuesday's appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" about those who would doubt his dedication to the cause. The future Hall of Famer didn't hold back when answering.

"It's absolute (expletive) to give people a platform who have no idea what they're talking about as far as my mental state and my focus, my work habits – people who are not in my life or I've not had communication with them or not in the locker room," Rodgers answered. "That's just (expletive). It's so ridiculous that people can get a platform to do this."

He continued:

"I'm always going to give a reminder, 'Listen to the source on some of these things.' It's often the same people, in the same tired rhetoric. I was just surprised after Week 1 there was such a story out there.

"What's crazy to me is to let one storyline, by a person who has no contact with me, zero relationship, that becomes some sort of narrative that's out there, that now I somehow don't care about ball because of my Zen attitude during the offseason. That's the (expletive) I was talking about (Monday) night.

"The truth and fact should not be replaced by conjecture, ill-founded conjecture. When it is, I'm thankful for this opportunity and my (press conferences) to be able to say, 'Hey look, just think about who's saying this.'"

Rodgers didn't mention Finley by name, but it seems unlikely the signal-caller would've been referring to anybody else. The 37-year-old told fans and the media last week the team wasn't experiencing any "freak out" following the loss to New Orleans, and one wonders if he now has a little extra motivation to silence critics moving forward.

The Packers play at the San Francisco 49ers this coming Sunday night. San Francisco improved to 2-0 with a 17-11 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles this past Sunday.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean Rodgers does have a fair point.

• Options

@doubledragon Aaron Nicholas Cage Rodgers 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Work ethic? Heck no. He's just bumbled and stumbled the last 20 years. Just plain lazy and got lucky. Heck he doesn't even have a workout regiment or nutrition plan. He drinks five van shakes everyday. He smells, never changes his underwear and stinks to high heaven. He doesn't even get along with his teammates. Has no friends and is just plain wierd. Clearly evident to any untrained observer.

Have I left anything out? Oh, he hates his family and kicks all dogs. And management literally hates his prima Donna attitude. Can't keep a girlfriend. He must be gay. Doesn't even comb his hair.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@perkdog said:
    @doubledragon Aaron Nicholas Cage Rodgers 😂😂😂😂

The resemblance is uncanny!

• Options

@streeter said:
    Work ethic? Heck no. He's just bumbled and stumbled the last 20 years. Just plain lazy and got lucky. Heck he doesn't even have a workout regiment or nutrition plan. He drinks five van shakes everyday. He smells, never changes his underwear and stinks to high heaven. He doesn't even get along with his teammates. Has no friends and is just plain wierd. Clearly evident to any untrained observer.

Have I left anything out? Oh, he hates his family and kicks all dogs. And management literally hates his prima Donna attitude. Can't keep a girlfriend. He must be gay. Doesn't even comb his hair.

Yes, you forgot "looks ridiculous in cowboy clothes."

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Yes, he does. But it easy for the media to jump on the bandwagon and portray him in a certain way based on his past actions. That is where the "problem" lies, in my opinion.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Billy Shakespeare got it right...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Finley needs to read 'The Critic' by Theodore Roosevelt, a speech at The Sorbonne circa 1912.
    Then he needs to shut is pie hole.

While he's at it, last 15+ years in the NFL, be a model citizen in his community and contribute millions to non profits.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@streeter said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

Yes, he does. But it easy for the media to jump on the bandwagon and portray him in a certain way based on his past actions. That is where the "problem" lies, in my opinion.

In my opinion Rodgers brought it on himself. Fair or not, right or wrong. He don’t like it? Then don’t put your team through all that nonsense that he did all summer, and talk nonsense to social media.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@streeter said:

Yes, you forgot "looks ridiculous in cowboy clothes."

I knew it!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

In my opinion Rodgers brought it on himself. Fair or not, right or wrong. He don’t like it? Then don’t put your team through all that nonsense that he did all summer, and talk nonsense to social media.

@streeter said:
    Finley needs to read 'The Critic' by Theodore Roosevelt, a speech at The Sorbonne circa 1912.

While he's at it, last 15+ years in the NFL, be a model citizen in his community and contribute millions to non profits.

I feel as though Finley went much too far with his take on Rodgers. The idea that, based on week one, it is time to let Love play is crazy. However, the sports media isn't going to debate (usually) whether or not Rodgers is a good guy in the community or philanthropically.

I have often thought that Rodgers does himself a disservice by not advocating for himself more and inserting himself positively into the discussion more often. If he did, the narrative around him might be different. The comments by Finley regarding Rodgers' "hunger to win" are easily seen as accurate by many, if all you do is casually peruse what media,social media, and Aaron Rodgers himself gives us to go on.

This is the part where, as @perkdog says, he brings it on himself. It is Rodgers right to not care about how he is portrayed, meaning he doesn't go out of his way (in my opinion) to be more media savvy and write his own narrative. But that can come back to bite him when situations like this arise.

• Options

I think he would feel a lot better with a trim and shave, please, just please, get a trim and a shave!

• Options

Well, at least he takes care of his teeth. 🙄

Have a nice day
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2021 10:24AM

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@streeter said:

I feel as though Finley went much too far with his take on Rodgers. The idea that, based on week one, it is time to let Love play is crazy. However, the sports media isn't going to debate (usually) whether or not Rodgers is a good guy in the community or philanthropically.

I have often thought that Rodgers does himself a disservice by not advocating for himself more and inserting himself positively into the discussion more often. If he did, the narrative around him might be different. The comments by Finley regarding Rodgers' "hunger to win" are easily seen as accurate by many, if all you do is casually peruse what media,social media, and Aaron Rodgers himself gives us to go on.

This is the part where, as @perkdog says, he brings it on himself. It is Rodgers right to not care about how he is portrayed, meaning he doesn't go out of his way (in my opinion) to be more media savvy and write his own narrative. But that can come back to bite him when situations like this arise.

The crap he put Packers Nation through this past offseason was stupid, especially since Rodgers probably had no intentions of “Retiring” or sitting out, had he done one or the other I would have given him some respect but it accomplished nothing since he was full of crap the whole time. He deserves all the negativity he gets

• Options

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@streeter said:

Double D, the crap he put Packers Nation through this past offseason was stupid, especially since Rodgers probably had no intentions of “Retiring” or sitting out, had he done one or the other I would have given him some respect but it accomplished nothing since he was full of crap the whole time. He deserves all the negativity he gets

Are you calling me Double D? Either way...

• Options

DD, that photo of him..... Time for a haircut or a dog license.

Have a nice day
  • Options

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@thisistheshow said:

@perkdog said:

@streeter said:

Double D, the crap he put Packers Nation through this past offseason was stupid, especially since Rodgers probably had no intentions of “Retiring” or sitting out, had he done one or the other I would have given him some respect but it accomplished nothing since he was full of crap the whole time. He deserves all the negativity he gets

Are you calling me Double D? Either way...

Oooos sorry! I fixed it lol

• Options

@streeter said:
    DD, that photo of him..... Time for a haircut or a dog license.

I guess it could be worse for Rodgers, he could be a bald Jay Cutler!

• Options

Shoot, I was there the night his mustache won the heavyweight championship of the world.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

check out this hottie

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

and this one

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    check out this hottie

I think this is a little more appropriate, meet Karen Rodgers.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:
    check out this hottie

I think this is a little more appropriate, meet Karen Rodgers.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

The talking heads must report something. Last year I can’t tell you how many times we heard Brady was washed up after every loss. Remember when he forgot it was 4th down? 3 interception game? Two blowouts to the Saints. I don’t remember how he ended up last year, I’ll have to look it up. 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@streeter said:

Dang! Were you married to him? 😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    and this one

my goodness that is a good looking woman. good thing I am married...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Gross.