Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Some of my latest Munich purchases

cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭
edited September 22, 2021 12:46PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I have been fortunate to add this latest Goetz material to my personal collection. I thought you might like to have a peek since I haven't posted anything of substance in a long time. My I-Phone images don't do justice to the pieces but rest assured they would knock your socks off if you viewed them in person. Enjoy.

The 30 lb. box upon arrival via FedEx.

Packets removed from shipping box.

K-6 Bishop Maximillian von Lingg, 1908, Cast Bronze, Uniface, Medallion, 235mm, 830.00g., Unique

K-41 Hofrat Friedrich Hessing, 1908, Cast Bronze, Uniface, Medallion, 257mm, 1790.00g., Unique

K-81 Diana 1900, Paris Period, Cast Bronze, Uniface, Medallion, 236mm, 1464.00g., 1 of 2 known.

K-82 St. Hubertus, 1900, Paris Period, Cast Bronze, Uniface Medallion. 257mm, 1154.00g., 1 of 2 known.

There are numerous additional pieces that came in the shipment but for the most part are process pieces that I have coined with the term 'afterfacts'. These are Goetz wax models, galvano's, iron reduction models, etc. If you are interested in seeing these too then just post your desires. I would probably start a new thread though.

Comments

• Options
    BSmithBSmith Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Congrats, all are amazing. The second medal has great eye appeal, it almost looks like a painting.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always look forward to your posts and the images that you share- Congrats in connection with the amazing additions

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you sure those aren't dinner plates? They are huge!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are in exceptionally nice condition for such large medals. The previous owners must have appreciated them!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on finally having them in hand. Always a relief. They’re beautiful and quite interesting. From what you’ve shown it’s hard to call a favorite with so many reasons to like each one.

I would love to see more of the production pieces you mention, especially a wax model! Very interested in anything that would showcase production of any kind. Thank you.

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!
    I have a feeling the items not shown are even more interesting.

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats! Well packed, good on the shipper. I really like the Diana piece.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!!

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool. The last two pieces in particular are wonderful. Amazing to me that they are unique or 1 of two pieces known. Amazing.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are amazing. Congrats on growing your collection - it is truly world class and one of a kind! Personally, i'd love to see everything you got :)

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toll! Those things are insane.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me