Home Sports Talk
Options

Fans outraged by week two NFL taunting calls

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a video of some week two NFL taunting calls:

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yodeling, number 80 of the offense, 15 yard penalty, automatic first down.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

if they call these for a weeks they'll stop, in fact last week may accomplish that. in the Pittsburgh vs. Raiders game there were penalties, ejections and accusations by both Teams of spitting in players faces. that's just over the top ridiculous and uncalled for.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what the penalty was for on that last play (Tampa) but all the rest were good calls, IMHO. The league - and NFLPA - said there would be zero tolerance for getting in guys' faces, standing over them, etc, and that's what each of these calls was.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

They evidently don't want the game to look like a pre game tailgate party.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree that the NFL is routinely trying to be the No Fun League, I think this taunting penalty overkill narrative is a bit misleading. This year, as it was last year and before as far as I remember, you are not allowed to celebrate in the direction of the opponent. Yes, they are making an emphasis of it, and there will be some egregious calls due to that, but all of the players know what to do. Just turn around. Don't get in their face. Etc. It is nothing knew.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

the taunting really does not bother me personally (if you dont want to be taunted, play better)

but thisistheshow is correct, they all know the rule, just turn around and dont taunt. otherwise, penalty.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.