Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Here's a tip you might like, if you use slab albums with 9-slot pages.

(I posted this on the US Coins side, but since this site lacks a general Coin Chat forum, I'll repost it here.)

If you get 9-pocket baseball card (trading card) pages, you can snap one of the pages into your slab album as an overlay for each slab page. The pockets in the trading card pages directly overlay the slab slots in the slab album pages.

I found the trading card pages at an office supply chain store, but they're easily found online.

You can use the trading card page for a title or short info card for each coin. In the back side of each trading card pocket, I keep the invoices for the coins (folded up), and the original flip inserts, if I bought the coin raw (as I do with almost all of my Ancients).

I'm thinking of switching to one full page sheet protector for each coin, so I don't have to fold up the invoices, and I can print out my full writeup on each piece.

But I decided to try this nine-pocket "overlay" method, and it works great.

(The bottom left slot is shown empty because that Hadrian tetradrachm is headed off to NGC soon.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments