Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any way to get Ebay involved if I shipped the wrong cards?

Don't know how I did it but shipped two, more expensive cards, to customer instead of the two he purchased. Any chance to get Ebay involved if I can show that I still have the two cards that were auctioned in my possession?

Comments

• Options
    Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭
    edited September 20, 2021 5:33AM

Yes! Once you open a case ... Pick " other" problem. TRUST ME.... GET ON THE PHONE NOW WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP! 👍 " That's a DIRECT ORDER SON!

• Options

Another thing.... Pick " problem with shipping item to customer as seller. It'll say something along those lines. But seriously, call someone soon. I hate to see you lose out and never hear from them again. I couldn't Tell you how to stop the mail 😂

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭

How was it shipped? The USPS has redirect option for certain services but as woody said, better hurry up!

Mike
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i shipped a wrong item to a customer once, i messaged him if he could mail the item back to me and i would pay back the postage, and he did it

• Options

My recommendations.
    1- be polite with the buyer, is not his fault, is your fault.
    2-contacting eBay first than buyer, is involving a third party , before that is really necessary eBay is the last frontier no the first.
    3- offer some kind of compensation. Like the original cards free or other kind of friendly incentive. Remember if someone have to loss something in this , is you, and only you.
    4- bad comunicación with the buyer, and a forced return, could be ending in some “damage “ un expected in your cards during the return process.
    I know sounds hard, but you are entering to this negociación with empty hands

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

call the local shipping facility first and foremost. have proof that you were the one that paid for delivery services.

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

Just checked into the redirect...won't work since cards were already delivered, I have emailed the buyer twice thru Ebay, very polite and apologetic and offered compensation but have received no answer. uugghh

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭

buyer has 159 rating with 100% positive feedback...Hopefully does the right thing.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1966CUDA said:
    Just checked into the redirect...won't work since cards were already delivered, I have emailed the buyer twice thru Ebay, very polite and apologetic and offered compensation but have received no answer. uugghh

that sucks. what part of the country? not advocating a search and rescue but rather interested in the legal ramifications you may have. another good tactic here to use, since you do have the info, is a blast on social media. or at least the notion that if he chooses not to do the right thing. usually the mere thought of it making the circles and perhaps reaching his employer might make him rethink otherwise. remember, while you made an honest mistake, he's in the wrong here for knowingly keeping merchandise he did not purchase. he purchased something entirely different. it's no different than a bank mistakenly depositing an extra $1000 in your account or putting $100's in the slot where the $10s are supposed to go in the atm. you withdraw that money, you are still liable for it.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great news and a nice gesture on your part!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.