Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Surprise envelope from France!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 18, 2021 8:50PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

@Cucumbor said he was going to send me something, but didn't say what it was.

While this envelope was traveling across the Atlantic, I had forgotten all about him saying that.

Inside was a lovely proof 2001 20-centime piece!

I see plenty of these in World coin bulk lots, but of course those are the business strikes.

This is the first proof I have had. Quite a lovely design.

Merci beaucoup, @Cucumbor!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CucumborCucumbor Posts: 125 ✭✭✭

Glad it arrived to you safe and sound : one never knows how things will turn out when sending coins ...

It was meant to thank you @lordmarcovan for your constant generosity towards other members, here and there, for the last 20 years, and from which I benefited myself recently

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a soft spot for 2001 issues. The last year of issue and first year of issue are always special.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2021 10:30AM

Rob, very nice!

Have you gone into yeti mode once again, or is it my infrequent visits that was the reason that we never crossed paths for quite a few years now?

And 42 thousand posts? 🤭

2001 has always been a very special year for LordM too I believe. Jeez your daughter is now 20 years old! 😊

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SYRACUSIAN said:
    Rob, very nice!

Have you gone into yeti mode once again, or is it my infrequent visits that was the reason that we never crossed paths for quite a few years now?

And 42 thousand posts? 🤭

2001 has always been a very special year for LordM too I believe. Jeez your daughter is now 20 years old! 😊

Dimitri- good to see you!

You are spot-on- Victoria turns 20 the day after tomorrow! How old is your girl now? Evie, was it? (Geez, autocorrect just made that into “Evil”. Yikes!)

Nah, not 42K posts. I got a 20K+ post count haircut when they switched software in 2016. I had 60-some thousand.

But I’m more yeti than not, these days. Spend 90% of my time on CoinTalj now. You should come visit over there. Good place.

I do still stick my head in over here from time to time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonderful classic design.

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭