Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Did a small show with Canseco signing

I decided to set up at a small show today in Longview, TX. The big draw was that they had Jose Canseco signing. I had broken a bunch of 86 Topps Traded and Fleer Update sets looking for Bonds, Bo’s and Will Clark’s to submit. I struck out there but had a ton of extra Cansecos. I was emailed an autograph special for dealers and took advantage. I got to walk out and talk to him for a few minutes while he signed. I asked him some general things, and I even asked him if he knew about @mouschi He said, yeah I know Tanner, heck he had been to my house! I thought that was cool.

Here are the cards I got signed

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

any of those tiffanys? like the lone mini in there too.

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    any of those tiffanys? like the lone mini in there too.

No just had 1 days notice. The 87 Topps is a Rediscover Topps buy back I pulled In a Heritage case rip in 2017 though.

• I respect Him for blowing the doors off the steroid era. Glad he told the Truth to people! Heck of a player.

• Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sure it wasn’t Ozzie?

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.

@Nathaniel1960 said:
    You sure it wasn’t Ozzie?

If I could link the video I took. I said I was worried it would actually be Ozzie at the signing. He said. I am Ozzie. The good looking one

• yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭

I love the 86 Topps Traded set. Takes me back to when I first started back collecting in my teens (in my wisdom I had gotten rid of all my 70s cards when I lost interest and moved to Star Wars). Nice looking group of cards!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com

@PatriotPat said:
    He's my all-time favorite. I have never met him personally but have spoke with him a couple time on twitter and facebook. I recently completed my PSA 10 Rookie run pictured below.

That is cool. Yeah it was actually pretty cool talking with him briefly.

• I used to see him at Jerrys Deli in California

This is the Canseco auto I just got authenticated

• mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    I decided to set up at a small show today in Longview, TX. The big draw was that they had Jose Canseco signing. I had broken a bunch of 86 Topps Traded and Fleer Update sets looking for Bonds, Bo’s and Will Clark’s to submit. I struck out there but had a ton of extra Cansecos. I was emailed an autograph special for dealers and took advantage. I got to walk out and talk to him for a few minutes while he signed. I asked him some general things, and I even asked him if he knew about @mouschi He said, yeah I know Tanner, heck he had been to my house! I thought that was cool.

Here are the cards I got signed

That made my night...a welcome nice story after a long bout with covid!

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatriotPat said:
    He's my all-time favorite. I have never met him personally but have spoke with him a couple time on twitter and facebook. I recently completed my PSA 10 Rookie run pictured below.

No 1986 Sportflics love?

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a nice run of PSA 10's there.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Dwight Gooden was just announced for the show next month. I already have him on an 1984 Topps Traded. Have a nice 1985 Fleer I may go with on this one. I wish I still had my 1984 Fleer Update.

• nauvcire1nauvcire1 Posts: 68 ✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Dwight Gooden was just announced for the show next month. I already have him on an 1984 Topps Traded. Have a nice 1985 Fleer I may go with on this one. I wish I still had my 1984 Fleer Update.

About how many tables are at this show ? I’m only a few hours away , might make the drive for Gooden. I noticed they previously had Billy Simms. I’m guessing this is a monthly event ?

• CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 398 ✭✭✭

Is there a good site where I can find information about shows like this? I haven't been to a sports card show since the 90s. It would be cool to get some autographs.

@nauvcire1 said:

@rexvos said:

About how many tables are at this show ? I’m only a few hours away , might make the drive for Gooden. I noticed they previously had Billy Simms. I’m guessing this is a monthly event ?

maybe 30-40 tables. Not a huge show by any stretch. I am an hour away from it. I am debating setting up at this one.