Home Q & A Forum
Options

2007 Gold Buffalo First Strike, Odd Back Label

I purchased the attached 2007 gold buffalo first strike in pcgs slab. I vetted the seller through people I’ve done business with so its highly unlikely this is fake but I just wanted some peace of mind with a discrepancy I’ve identified. All listings and pics I have found of this pcgs slabbed coin have a posterior label with a 2007 copyright and the url www.pcgs.com/firststrike

The only place I’m seeing this rear label is on the 2006 gold buffalos.

Can anyone provide any insight? Also does anyone know how many grams a gold buffalo in a pcgs slab should weight?

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you scan the barcode? Run the numbers? Did that confirm the holdered coin? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Yes barcode checks out using the PCGS app. No pics though back in that year. Some folks on reddit commented that this tends to happen every now and then with the labels.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin & the holder look okay to me. ;)

I would guess the wrong label was inserted or they may have used up the left over stock.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2021 6:52AM

Appears to be a GEN 4.4 holder. Reference

Notwithstanding, if you want to be absolutely sure of authenticity, PCGS offers a reholder service.

Pros of reholder service:
    ~ a definitive answer regarding authenticity;
    ~ the latest generation of PCGS holder, which includes NFC anti-counterfeiting technology;
    ~ the option for Gold Shield, which includes TrueView at no additional cost.

Con of reholder service:
    ~ it costs money and time to 'reholder/authenticate' your coin.

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coin could have been graded in early 2007 and they had labels left. No big deal.