Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

To Good To Be Real

While doing a search today on the net, found a site, and seems to me that simple it is not real, have a look at the prices on the items shown below, first one from $350 to $70.20:

Another one, this is a set of 20 silver coins:

Or this one:

And they have many more...

No way Jose...

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely fake. And they are probably making a very good profit on them.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2021 7:53PM

I would not buy them. Nothing in life is to good to be true 99% of the time it is BS. It is scary that NGC and PCGS have fake holders out there.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who deals with fake items like these in the USA the FBI?

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options
    fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 16, 2021 5:59AM

The listings may be fake, but the coins aren't. I can't speak to the first one, but the last two are currently for sale on eBay for $750 Here and Here. It looks like whatever site you found is just stealing listings from others and hoping someone will send them money.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, looks like a spoof site using eBay or some other source for data (images, descriptions). Most likely you'll either 1. receive nothing after ordering or 2. receive some fake being sent the slowest possible service from overseas to maintain the illusion of legitimacy for as long as possible.

• Options
    ELuisELuis Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Yes same impression I got, and also found some of the items on other sites too, where they might got the data, to appear in their site to be theirs and real.