Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Searched $2 strap that I brought from the bank and found:

Having an awesome day searching today! Decided to get a strap of $2 and found:
2013 $2 F Star note and only run of 640K. Still in very fine condition!!!!
1976 $2 A Star note with a run of 1,280,000. Still lower run than many other star notes and in good condition too!!

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice notes. My bank looks at you like an alien when you ask for 2$ bills or rolls of halves for that matter........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds. I love finding replacement notes in the wild.

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17, 2021 7:57AM

Very nice.

First time that I got $2s from the bank was after the 1976 issue (but before 1995) and my bank required that I order 1000 pcs, or $2000. I did, figuring that I'd just spend 'em. I received 1976 NY district including two full packs of consecutive stars. Sold them back then to Dean Oakes at $250/pack and I was hooked. Of course, I've never had nearly the same luck since.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@sellitstore said:
    Very nice.

First time that I got $2s from the bank was after the 1976 issue (but before 1995) and my bank required that I order 1000 pcs, or $2000. I did, figuring that I'd just spend 'em. I received 1976 NY district including two full packs of consecutive stars. Sold them back then to dean Oakes at $250/pack and I was hooked. Of course, I've never had nearly the same luck since.

Wow, that's some luck! I typically get looks like "Steven59" described for just about any large cash withdrawal. As Canadians speed fearlessly towards a cashless society, it's become even harder to justify large withdrawals & bundle searching (let alone bricks). Now I'm thrilled if I find the odd radar every 6 months or so.