Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Cool find in my ATM search today....

$1 1988A star note. A common star note but just cool because it's old and still in good condition!!

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find! :)

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool find Vince. When I see notes this old, in such good condition, my first thought is that someone is spending their collection. There’s no way this note has been circulating since its printing.

• Options

Wow. Nice find. Reminds me of my cashier days and the notes I saw people spend!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Cool find Vince. When I see notes this old, in such good condition, my first thought is that someone is spending their collection. There’s no way this note has been circulating since its printing.

I totally agree with you Steve!

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:

-yup, looks that way to me too.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking note - a candidate for that side lighting?

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

Sorry Steve, not sure what you mean by that. Although I been collecting/searching notes for quite some time, I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks! :)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice score, congrats

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@luckyrollers said:

@Steven59 said:

Sorry Steve, not sure what you mean by that. Although I been collecting/searching notes for quite some time, I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks! :)

When you shine a light sideways on the edge of the bill it will show where if or was folded/wrinkled. I can't remember what type of light to use though, maybe someone will chime in with the info

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most collectors use a small flashlight known as a “torch”. Mine is a LED LENSER and I bought it 10 years ago at Home Depot. You can get them almost anywhere now.