Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Boxes for graded currency

I keep my notes in a lockbox, so space is limited, I have a few other things in there as well. I was just looking for a fitted box for these, what do others use? Found one that was just cardboard for 10 bucks but it's not big enough for graded slabs. This one looks OK but I really don't want to send the Chinese 20 bucks for one. Something that offers a little padding would be nice, just in case, but I guess they know if you have currency you must have at least some extra cash.

Here is a nicer one on amazon but $40, crazy. Nice and all but I'm not trying to impress the ladies with the box that holds my collection.

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve kept it fairly simple. Graded notes are stored in bank bags and raw (sleeved) notes are kept in miscellaneous boxes.

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@BadWithMoney said:
    My collection is very small next to yours. I was hoping for something like buying a box of poptarts or something and they would all fit snugly inside the empty box,

The cheaper option I pictured above are probably very low quality boxes and not worth the money.

...and an empty poptarts box is higher quality :).....and it would probably be thrown out while spring cleaning....if you have some nice things, spend the money for something appropriate.

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 423 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2021 6:11AM

I like the box you posted & I'm sure you could check your LCS for ones like that & you might get a better price. I encourage you to be patient until you find exactly what you're looking for. You're on the right track though. Something suitable is better than a pop-up tart or cereal box. I have a good deal of UNC world notes in currency sleeves & envelopes (by country/region) in a cheap old ginseng box (probably from China), since these are for resale.

For what its worth, I store my personal collection in a BCS currency albums.

The album is just slightly larger than the graded notes and I store them upright in my safe. If you're interested in albums, I've seen several on eBay & Wizard Coin Supply sells them too. (HE Harris Premium Graded Currency Album). I've never patronized Wizard but any collector I know (who does use them) gives me positive feedback. I bought some banknotes from Allens in July & their communication/shipping/packaging were great. Allen's has the Whitman PMG albums.