Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

I'm curious about the current value of this coin. Purchased from USGB. Hand-signed by Moy.

Answers

• Options

To be clear, I am looking to buy a camera set-up that is a bit pricey, and I'd like to off-set it with selling this coin for a fair price.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay BIN's and completed auctions would give you a ballpark number. Don't expect much premium for the label. Just TPG hype. Gold currently at 1800 per ounce.

• Options

Strange. I put it up on eBay less than a month ago to gauge interest, with a reserve price of $4900 and had 2 offers over $4700. Seems there is some premium for the label. I'm also well aware of the current spot price of AU. Thanks!

• Options

Still can, probably. I'm not in a hurry. Just wanted to see what the community thought about it. It's a young coin, and I can afford to wait a while. And thank you for not quoting the spot price (approximate) of gold like bolivarshagnasty. It's a bad look. Thanks again!

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a bit surprised you did not accept the offers of over $4,700 for a piece you placed on ebay at $4,900. If you used an auction format then I suspect you assumed you would get much more than $4,900 for the coin, but if you used the BIN format then those two offers were in excess of 96% or so of your asking price.

I truly have no special information on this coin, but I did do an ebay completed sales search and found eight pieces that are at least somewhat comparable. They were all graded 70, were all proofs and all hand-signed by Moy. Some were PCGS and some were NGC encapsulated. The lone 2021 sold for essentially $3,000 less than three weeks ago and was the highest sales price of the group of eight. I suspect that folks who are building sets of these want the latest versions the most and, if this is so, then the price for this coin might be higher now than in the future.

Good luck with figuring out your price.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,983 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I’d jump on $4700

👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gosh! You can buy a lot of burgers for $4700!

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members