Home U.S. Coin Forum

What to do if ebay item is 'stuck in transit'?

moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

The estimated delivery date is not changing. The package is.... where?

Maybe it will eventually leave IL?

am

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happens all the time. I've had 3 or 4 in the last month sit like that for 10-15 days. Then they show.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jesbroken said:
    Happens all the time. I've had 3 or 4 in the last month sit like that for 10-15 days. Then they show.
    Jim

blame it on the 'rona?

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why not? Everyone else does.

Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should do one of the following
    A) run around in counterclockwise circles and scream
    B) curl up in a small ball and whimper
    C) drive to the last know location and interrogate all the UPSP employees
    D) build a shrine/alter to your favorite CU member and sacrifice a polished mercury dime

Honestly, what do you think you could do?

Member of the ANA since 1982

What about if it happens I need to return an item.,.. does delayed shipping by USPS extend the return window?

@Oldhoopster said:
    You should do one of the following
    A) run around in counterclockwise circles and scream
    B) curl up in a small ball and whimper
    C) drive to the last know location and interrogate all the UPSP employees
    D) build a shrine/alter to your favorite CU member and sacrifice a polished mercury dime

Honestly, what do you think you could do?

that's why i asked... to get feedback from the forum... like @jesbroken response. Or maybe it would turn out there IS something you can do... :smile:

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry, be happy!

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow! the seller waited 10 days to ship after he printed the label, i would never buy from that seller again

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund "What about if it happens I need to return an item.,.."

That will give you another chance to get some attention and ask "what do I do" in a whole new thread 7 days from now.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

just seen it is missing scans, retract that, but i would message the seller as he can call usps to put a tracer on it

@ifthevamzarockin said:

That will give you another chance to get some attention and ask "what do I do" in a whole new thread 7 days from now.

Do you have experience or opinion on the question (what does USPS delay do to ebay return window)? See, I'm being good and did not start a separate topic, but I think it a legitimate question, don't you?

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

Consult with your clinical neuropsychopharmacologist, there might be a new drug that will help deal with these exasperating, hypothetical eBay issues.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 1:14PM

After 14 days file a missing mail search request

My advice is to check tracking. It is not stuck at all.

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

This is the seller's responsibility.

You don't need to do anything except message the seller and let them know. You can advise them to prod USPS if you like. Until the coin is shown as delivered, it is the seller's responsibility.

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

@Aercus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

You don't need to do anything except message the seller and let them know. You can advise them to prod USPS if you like. Until the coin is shown as delivered, it is the seller's responsibility.

Either party can do it. If you care more than the seller, are you going to do nothing?

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:
    Either party can do it. If you care more than the seller, are you going to do nothing?

Of course not. They'll come here and complain about the seller, too.

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Aercus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Not going to do the seller's job for him, unless I am hugely vested in the purchase. Dealing with USPS claims can be... time consuming. YMMV

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

There are several other posts all pointing out the USPS system is much slower recently due to bad weather, staffing shortages, high package demand, local closures for various reasons, smoke, power outages, and so on. With the hurricane, larger fires, even plane mechanic and truck driver shortages, it is best to not over react to a delayed shipment before the 14 days from USPS actually receiving the item from the seller.

edited August 31, 2021 2:26PM

@Goldminers said:
    My advice is to check tracking. It is not stuck at all.

Ha! It updated literally a couple of minutes (maybe mere seconds) after I checked tracking and started posting this topic...
    What did you do?!!? :smile:

_
    There are several other posts all pointing out the USPS system is much slower recently due to bad weather, staffing > > shortages, high package demand, local closures for various reasons, smoke, power outages, and so on. With the hurricane, larger fires, even plane mechanic and truck driver shortages, it is best to not over react to a delayed shipment before the 14 days from USPS actually receiving the item from the seller._

thanks!
    am

@Aercus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Aercus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Not going to do the seller's job for him, unless I am hugely vested in the purchase. Dealing with USPS claims can be... time consuming. YMMV

It literally takes 2 minutes to fill out the online form.

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Or you can take 2 minutes to write to the seller to get him to do it. And then come here, take 3 minutes to write a post about crappy sellers and then spend the better part of the next hour responding to comments. ;)

@MasonG said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Or you can take 2 minutes to write to the seller to get him to do it. And then come here, take 3 minutes to write a post about crappy sellers and then spend the better part of the next hour responding to comments. ;)

I don't know if @jmlanzaf would write a post complaining about an ebay seller... but I won't. I'm not going to post any more topics are aren't coin specific, and with pictures. :smile:

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 3:11PM

This is my package express mail. Don’t know where it is now after more than a month. My buyer is angry. It took 17 days to move from San Francisco to Detroit then no more updates.

Additional Information
    Your item departed a transfer airport in WAYNE COUNTY, DETROIT, UNITED STATES on August 17, 2021 at 12:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    Get Text and Email Updates
    Tracking History

August 17, 2021
    12:46 am
    Departed,
    DETROIT, UNITED STATES

July 30, 2021
    7:25 am
    Departed,
    SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES

July 30, 2021
    1:13 am
    Arrived,

July 29, 2021
    5:26 pm
    Departed USPS Regional Facility,
    SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 29, 2021
    Processed Through Regional Facility,

July 29, 2021
    Arrived at Regional Facility,

July 28, 2021
    12:54 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility,

July 27, 2021
    3:57 pm
    OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 27, 2021
    3:16 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility,
    OAKLAND, CA 94623

@jt88 said:
    This is my package express mail. Don’t know where it is now after more than a month. My buyer is angry. It took 17 days to move from San Francisco to Detroit then no more updates.

Additional Information
    Your item departed a transfer airport in WAYNE COUNTY, DETROIT, UNITED STATES on August 17, 2021 at 12:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
    Get Text and Email Updates
    Tracking History

August 17, 2021
    12:46 am
    Departed,
    DETROIT, UNITED STATES

July 30, 2021
    7:25 am
    Departed,

July 30, 2021
    1:13 am
    Arrived,

July 29, 2021
    Departed USPS Regional Facility,

July 29, 2021
    Processed Through Regional Facility,

July 29, 2021
    Arrived at Regional Facility,

July 28, 2021
    12:54 am

July 27, 2021
    3:57 pm
    OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 27, 2021
    3:16 pm
    Arrived at USPS Facility,
    OAKLAND, CA 94623

I have one that was supposed to go to Lebanon but seems to have possibly gone back and forth between NY and Croatia.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2021 3:32PM

What package, you don't have any package in the system. Have a nice day, usps

Conspiracy 🤮

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Do you have experience or opinion on the question (what does USPS delay do to ebay return window)? See, I'm being good and did not start a separate topic, but I think it a legitimate question, don't you?

(Been following along and thought as a public service I would mention that eBay had a new limited tracking service that just kinda sez sent recieved. It’s for smaller items but it’ll drive you nuts)🤓🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file