Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone here dealt with Ryan @ Sports Cards Forever trying to buy your Registry set?

This guy "Ryan Kumar" hits me up with a fair offer to buy my #7 Bart Starr Master Set but back and forth emails give me pause.

Sports Cards Forever
10 S Riverside Plaza
Suite 875
Chicago, IL 60606

Could be legit but some broken english and other behaviors give me pause.

have any of you been contacted/sold/communicated with this guy?

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

they spam the registry members a few times a year. I always reply that I am not actively selling but am willing to listen to an offer, but never get a reply after that.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

I have not been personally contacted but have had a few conversations from people with sets on the registry that he has approached them with offers to purchase. I know one person was close to making a deal with him, but never asked what happened. I have purchased multiple high end cards from that seller, never an issue. Hope this helps.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I got a decent offer but it was paypal and I wasn't really comfortable sending lots of cards and hoping to not see a chargeback months later. About 4 months later I got the exact same email trying to buy the same cards.

It was a decent offer - I would have sold them for that much cash but too much can go wrong with paypal.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

me also

FYI he lists cards at 5X what they go for or even more
    I would never ever sell him a thing

Go look up his prices in the stratoshpere. I have to exclude him in all my searches

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have gotten many offers from him over the last year. At one point he actually shot me a number, but it was 2/3 fair value, or even lower.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

just remember that a lot of the guys who are "buyers" are not really buyers but flippers, looking to buy on the cheap and resell for a quick profit. Normally try to buy things they can turn fairly quickly. If you looking to sell and get value, that definitely is NOT the way to go.

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

I complained to the registry people about the guy. He writes me weekly, and counters my offers with lowballs at .10 on the dollar. They responded that they get constant complaints about him. I ended up blocking him.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options

If you keep your sets public, anyone can look at them. People like him have the ability to look also and possibly buy on the cheap. If the actual collectors has something happen to them and another family member is approached, they may not know any better and listen to his offer. Sad to think it but stuff like that happens.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

I am totally fine with someone making a good faith offer. Its our choice to open the set up Publicly and leave a contact point. Unless I get carpet bombed and this person has not done that. I also believe in the free market so I am totally cool with the new owner asking any price they think the market will bare.

What I didn't like was the insistence on Paypal (offered to let pay by check)
    Short answers and replies , there were 2 cards I didn't want to include but could hardly get feed back about it
    just "send me your Paypal".

I also will take a pass on this outfit.
    Thanks for the feedback

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2021 2:15PM

He has brutal feedback. Evidently, Amazon is in physical possession of his cards, where they are cross listed. So if you buy something from him on eBay, it is actually packed and shipped by Amazon, who often throw multiple PSAs into a typical Amazon bag loose and ship them with zero protection. They also tend to send multiple packages if you order multiple cards.

I also believe that if a buyer buys a card from him on eBay, and another subsequently purchases it on Amazon later, the second buyer will get the card because he hasn’t informed Amazon of the sale yet. When something sells on eBay, his solution is to change the Amazon price to $10,000,000 rather than remove it.

Also overcharges for combined shipping.

I have bought from him only once or twice when I was desperate for the item, because dealing with him is such a colossal hassle.

• Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

Stay away....far, far away.

Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

i got offers for my Roberto Kelly Master and My Juan Berenguer, all the cards in that registry are psa 10 .. gave me a fair offer, I think. . you never now with high end low pop commons .... i just feel that i would be selling part of my soul...lol...

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:

This guy "Ryan Kumar" hits me up with a fair offer to buy my #7 Bart Starr Master Set but back and forth emails give me pause.

Sports Cards Forever
    10 S Riverside Plaza
    Suite 875
    Chicago, IL 60606

Could be legit but some broken english and other behaviors give me pause.

have any of you been contacted/sold/communicated with this guy?

i have bought cards from him a long time ago,

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

He asked if I wanted to sell my WNBA Top 15 players set. I said I will listen to offers, as I am not opposed to entertaining a decent offer. My set is currently #2 on the registry and several of the cards are also in the Naismith HOF set. He sent me an offer of $1,000 for the set. The PSA 9 Taurasi, alone, is around $2K now. I know people are free to offer what they want, but seems like one would like to save a shred of credibility by being within reason of their offer. At least I would. That said...I haven't answered back. Not sure what to write.