Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

NFT

Can you turn your graded cards into NFT's? If you can, do you remain ownership of the hard asset or do you have to destroy the graded card?

Comments

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

Yes, there is a company that is called Digible that allows for this process. They hold onto the graded card for you while the NFT is in your possession and then burn the NFT if a customer wants the card back in hand.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I guess I am out of the loop but what is a NFT?
    Thanks,
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Fn Thankyou

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@milbroco said:
    I guess I am out of the loop but what is a NFT?
    Thanks,
    Bob

snl skit but basically explains it perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNOYudaMAc

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:
    Yes, there is a company that is called Digible that allows for this process. They hold onto the graded card for you while the NFT is in your possession and then burn the NFT if a customer wants the card back in hand.

why would anyone let them hold the card?

• Options
    CardGeekCardGeek Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

The whole concept of NFT is a scam. The statement, they burn the NFT if the customer wants the card back in hand, doesn't make any sense. What does the word burn mean in this sentence? Burn it with fire? Burn it on to a CD or some other media? Roast it? Like, actually make fun of it till it blushes?

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2021 8:01AM

Think of it like this: a card owner sells the rights to someone else for them to be able to add the cert to their set registry, but the owner retains the physical card. It's not exactly the same, but can be considered a similar concept in a way.

This idea is a bad one, full of potential problems, IMO.