Home Sports Talk

Hurricane Ida

BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 29, 2021 8:54AM in Sports Talk

Making landfall soon. LSU teams are in Houston, not sure about the Saints.

Ida's going to be bad.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Living in North Carolina, I've had my taste of hurricanes and the damage they can do. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in that area.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a Floridian I have experienced many of these storms in my 53 years, most notably Hurricane Wilma who came through my neck of the woods in 2005 as a cat 3 and that was a very nervous time for me and my family. You can hear the wind howling against the closed shutters on the windows and its a very eerie whistling sound. Me and my wife and dogs were huddled up in our safe room (walk in closet) where we could hear the walls and roof creaking and windows bowing a bit even with accordian shutters in place over them. Even more eerie is that when the eye of the storm goes over you the sky is crystal clear blue but within an hour you get the backlash of the other side of the storm. My thoughts and prayers go out to those in the path of Ida. I could only imagine living through a monster like that one. When Andrew hit here in 1992 (Cat 5 storm) I was in Ft Lauderdale about 60 miles north of the impact zone and we had gusts of wind approaching 100 mph here. Andrew's last recorded winds were 169 mph before the nhc anometer was blown away. Please pray for all affected. Ida will be a very serious life altering storm for many.

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Making landfall soon. LSU teams are in Houston, not sure about the Saints.

Ida's going to be bad.

Saints are in Dallas. Using AT & T stadium for practices.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

This looks awful

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......