Home Q & A Forum
Options

1913 quarter eagle-- should I get this corn graded?

JWPJWP Posts: 17,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 6, 2021 2:29PM in Q & A Forum

I have a 1913 quarter eagle Indian Head gold coin. I bought this coin as a teenager in the late sixties for $35 from a local coin shop. This was quite an expensive buy in the 60's, as I worked in a fast food restaurant at 35 cents an hour. I have

thought quite often about having it graded but I've never gotten around to doing the process. I'm not sure how much it would cost or what the process involved. I've looked at the corn rather closely and it looks like it's close to AU maybe a little better maybe a little less. I would appreciate your thoughts on what you think the coin would grade out at and what would entail in the process and the cost. I've tried to take pictures of the coin but sometimes they aren't the best. Appreciate you looking at the photos and giving me your opinion. @carlitofitz !

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

Comments

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

{should I get this corn graded?}

I don't know if the TPG's grade corn!
    But really all depends on how much you paid for it. And would need clear pics to help you out on the possible grade.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JWP Pics need to be in focus for knowledgeable comments here. Check them before you post them. If you can carefully remove it from the holder, that would help you to get the correct focal distance. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 I posted new pictures, take a look and tell what you think of the 1913 quarter eagle. Thanks Jon

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Authenticated, yes. Grading come with that. I would send it to ANACS for that.

thefinn
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

The would be a better question for the us coin forum

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

And with straight on, in focus pictures of both sides …. Without the edges of the coin cut off

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, congrats on the purchase as a teenager. That's quite a trophy for a teenager back in the day. It might be worth getting slabbed even if only for sentimental reasons.

• Options

Thanks for the input. I've been thinking the same thing for quite a few years and may very well send it in and have it ready. Thanks for your comment. @JBK

• Options

I just had the coin shop look at the 1913 quarter eagle and he said it was an AU-50 grade. Still undecided about sending it off.