Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1993 topps Shaquille O’Neal variation - yellow lines

Anyone else have any with these lines on the back?

I keep thinking that on significant rookies and cards like these, these variations with have their day - like the eyelash 89 UD griffey….

If these were coins they would be variations and designated as such…

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s just a print defect. The yellow ink smeared.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

When I saw the title I figured it would be about this recurring print flaw.

• Options
    WillymacWillymac Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

In cards they are print flaws, in coins they are variations (when they are consistent and part of the manufacturing process)

I think there will be a time for these soon - just dependent on the grading companies doing the right thing (which could seriously delay “soon”)

• Options
    edited August 27, 2021 1:14PM

@Willymac said:
    In cards they are print flaws, in coins they are variations (when they are consistent and part of the manufacturing process)

I think there will be a time for these soon - just dependent on the grading companies doing the right thing (which could seriously delay “soon”)

But is this one “consistent”? You asked if anybody else had one. Did I incorrectly assume that it’s not a well known recurring PD, like the Griffey eyelash is?

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

I just noticed it yesterday when going through a stack…..

Is the Griffey eyelash gaining traction??? I called that one out here a year or two ago ;-)

I have high hopes for that one - got 3 back from psa at a clean 9 but no variety designations yet…..

• Options

@Willymac said:
    I just noticed it yesterday when going through a stack…..

Is the Griffey eyelash gaining traction??? I called that one out here a year or two ago ;-)

I have high hopes for that one - got 3 back from psa at a clean 9 but no variety designations yet…..

Yes, griffey is gaining traction. But I’ve found no evidence the Shaq is recurring, henceforth it’s not a variation.

Yaz Master Set

• Options

Sweeeeet - thanks for the feedback!!!

What’s the general consensus on griffey rare or common? All of mine came from a single partial case…..I have 6 I think