Home Autographs Forum
Options

Using Scotchgard On A Flag To Prevent Blotting - Has Anyone Done This?

So, I have flags of each of my favorite teams and like to get players past and present to sign them, but I found that anything other than an ultra-fine point marker (unless you are lucky enough to find a flag made of thicker material) will cause the siganture to blot. I have recently heard that a trick that can be used to prevent blotting is to spray the flag with Scotchgard beforehand, then let it sit for 24 hours or so.

Has anyone tried this, and did it work for you? Also, do you have to re-apply the Scotchgard every so often, or is it a one time thing?

Comments

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

i collect signatures on golf flags and i always use scotchgard prior to the first time ink is applied.............it is very effective in preventing "bleeding" as time passes. just give your entire flag a quick once-over (don't saturate it), then give it ample time to dry. the night before you plan on getting it signed would work.

but the moment a player signs it, no more scotchgard

• Options

Thanks so much for the helpful reply! Sorry for the late response, but once the school year starts, I have much less free time.