Home Stamps Forum
Options

Hey stamp people I have a question

gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a dozens of random stamps all unused with the gum on them. I was wondering if I should post pics of them here or in the stamp BST. Mostly I want some values. I tried looking some up online but I am not having much success. It will be 16 or so photos.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

Comments

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Go ahead and post here.

• Options

Ok here we go. Values on these please.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options

_

_

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mostly face value.

• Options

So I guess I should just use em for postage

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are decent stamps that might sell for a slight premium.on Ebay (maybe), but might not be worth your trouble for most of them.

Be careful if using them. Some are not postage stamps (duck stamps, and one appears to be signed, maybe by the artist?).

Using the Official Mail stamps could land you in jail. And the Airlift stamps could be for mail to service members only (not sure).

Just handle them very carefully. Do not smear or get fingerprints on the gum.

• Options

@JBK the duck stamps need to be signed by the hunter to be legal to hunt. These were from a friend of mine and that's his signature on 2 of them. Definitely won't use the official ones.

• Options

Your friend really took care to sign it neatly - most I've seen are signed across the whole stamp.

If you put all the postage stamps in one lot on ebay someone might nibble. Lots of high denominations and unusual (even if not valuable) stamps.

• Options

@JBK thanks. I think they should use the eagle from the blue and red airmail stamps on a coin.

• Options

@gumby1234 said:
    @JBK thanks. I think they should use the eagle from the blue and red airmail stamps on a coin.

Yes a very unusual and bold depiction. Coin or banknote.

• Options

@JBK from what I hear President Roosevelt designed that eagle.

• Options
    GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

The high dollar eagle stamps are the best of the bunch. I wouldn't use them for postage.

• Options
    bammerbbbammerbb Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

I'd be willing to do a deal on the souvenir sheets if you don't want an arm and leg for them.

• Options

@bammerbb PM me with an offer. No arms or legs required.