Home Sports Talk
Options

Javy gets a little out in front on this one...

bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 24, 2021 7:56PM in Sports Talk

Anyone else see this? Unreal LOL

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd have to think that the pitcher has a good fastball and a good change-up. Baez was clearly thinking fastball. remember, these guys have about half a second to decide.

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Perhaps Javy should change his name to Java -- everyone knows that too many cups of java will make you jumpy. ;-)

• Options

Javy is on a roll -- a bad roll. Much worse than his swing in the video above was his base-running blunder in tonight's game. Javy got doubled off of second base on a line drive to center field with no outs. It was by no means a spectacular catch by the center fielder -- the line drive was caught about waste high. Javy was already rounding third base and was easily doubled off second by about 50 feet. Wow! I guess Javy is having a bad series.

• Options

@charliej2356 said:
    Javy is on a roll -- a bad roll. Much worse than his swing in the video above was his base-running blunder in tonight's game. Javy got doubled off of second base on a line drive to center field with no outs. It was by no means a spectacular catch by the center fielder -- the line drive was caught about waste high. Javy was already rounding third base and was easily doubled off second by about 50 feet. Wow! I guess Javy is having a bad series.

I didn't see it but can imagine it was pretty bad. I also understand @keets when he talks about looking dead red and getting fooled...but, that was unreal for a MLB player. I faced 92-93 in my younger days and that was flat out gas, so I get it. I would look like Javy every game. The guys these days are all 95-98 plus. Unhittable to nearly every human on earth. But Javy had completed his swing before the ball got to the plate. LOL It just shocked me. One of the worst swings I've ever seen for a big leaguer.

• Options

bobbybaker: I agree with everything you said. Like you, I faced low 90's pitchers -- it's not easy to hit -- and that's why you have to rock into your swinging motion at the same time that the pitcher is winding up -- and that's why so many batters end up chasing pitches way out of the strike zone -- or unsuccessfully attempting to check their swing. But, for heaven's sake, I agree: "One of the worst swings I've ever seen for a big leaguer." I suspect that a "low baseball IQ" plays a role in Javy's wild swings and his base-running mistakes.
    Check this out:
    https://fansided.com/2021/08/25/javy-baez-base-running-blunder-mets-video/

• Options

Just watched that video. I really do not understand? Does he not care? That was not even close. Horrible decision, horrible.

• Options

Javy Baez will be fined heavily by the Kangaroo Court.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh man, that is embarrassing

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.