Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Are these real! And what’s the value. (Russian empire)

These came from Ukraine from a trusted source (dad lives there and knows people) but the three coins on the left look to perfect..

Comments

• Options
    John ConduittJohn Conduitt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭

I think you're right to be suspicious.

The one at the top (or left) would be a pattern Siberian 5 kopeks. If it was real you would probably know, as it wouldn't be cheap.

Similarly, the dark one (1771) would be a pattern Moldavia 5 kopeks. If it's real, you could buy a nice car with it.

The 10 at the top (left) is a standard issue but even the restrike would be a few hundred euros.

The 10 and 5 kopeks at the bottom (right) are common and aren't in great condition, so probably genuine.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnConduitt said:

The one at the top (or left) would be a pattern Siberian 5 kopeks. If it was real you would probably know, as it wouldn't be cheap.

Similarly, the dark one (1771) would be a pattern Moldavia 5 kopeks. If it's real, you could buy a nice car with it.

The 10 at the top (left) is a standard issue but even the restrike would be a few hundred euros.

The 10 and 5 kopeks at the bottom (right) are common and aren't in great condition, so probably genuine.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I'm betting top 3 are numismatic forgeries, bottom 2 are real.

• Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 12:28PM

@JohnConduitt said:

How much would the two real ones be worth? Any way to see if it’s real!
    Edit: you said the top left one (fake) would be worth money? What made me sus was the “mint” luster