Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anonymous Collection Names Registry

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 24, 2021 2:28AM in U.S. Coin Forum

There are a lot of collectors out there that want to remain private or simply not have their name so closely associated with their possessions but still have their collections be know. This thread is to celebrate those collectors and assemble a list of those collections.

Post them if you know them!

Here's some to get the thread going:

1. Cardinal - Early Dollars, Libertas Americana
  2. Cosmique (David Snider) - So-Called Dollars
  3. Duke's Creek - Dahlonega gold
  4. Gotham - So-Called Dollars
  5. Legend - silver dollars
  6. Missouri Cabinet - half cents
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 2:50AM

Is your definition "any collection that has a name other than that of the collector"?
    It seems most registry sets would meet this definition.
    And I think it's fairly well known who some of the collectors are/were in your list.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 24, 2021 2:51AM

@yosclimber said:
    Is your definition "any collection that has a name other than that of the collector"?
    It seems most registry sets would meet this definition.

Agreed. Online registries and even chat forums have certainly changed things. For this effort, it may be worth sticking to collections that have reasonable provenance in auction sales and/or on slab inserts.

• Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, and I suppose "notable" could be defined by being the top set at some point in time?

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Tyrant

Whomever bought the Farouk Saint for $18+M - even if his/her collection is just one coin, it's pretty notable

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

I appreciate those that have the passion, time and finances to put together collections of the finest coins available. It's great to have this medium to share them versus having the locked away somewhere only available for viewing by a few.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file