Home Sports Talk
Options

Gotta love the fight in the SF Giants -- they did it again!

Comments

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Truly amazing they keep winning. I assume (and hope) it will end soon! Go blue!

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

larryallen73: Tommy Lasorda bled Dodger blue (RIP Tommy) -- the rest of the country, not so much. It's hard to say "Go blue!" when you look at the Dodger payroll -- and when you see the "helmet patting" of the Dodger players.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@charliej2356 said:
    larryallen73: Tommy Lasorda bled Dodger blue (RIP Tommy) -- the rest of the country, not so much. It's hard to say "Go blue!" when you look at the Dodger payroll -- and when you see the "helmet patting" of the Dodger players.

I don't make the policies or sign the checks nor do I care who the rest of the country roots for. I root for the same team I started rooting for about 50 years ago. So it's not hard for me to say Go Blue! It's my team. Not sure what your point is about the helmet patting. I don't like it but I don't like people celebrating first downs like they won the Super Bowl. Whatever. I still root for my team. On a related note, I met a Dodger yesterday at the game. I'll post pictures eventually. Not sure it's ok to go public with it due to Covid protocols possibly not being followed properly. Lol. Don't want anybody to get in trouble! :)

I still amazed at your Giants. Would be truly remarkable if they somehow kept this thing together and won the World Series. Not exactly the small market A's or Pirate's payroll but certainly a cast of average looking players. Right now scoreboard is scoreboard and they are on top! Long way to go though!

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

larryallen73: Thanks for your comments. I think we're both baseball-loving guys -- we simply root for different teams.

You wrote "Not sure what your point is about the helmet patting. I don't like it ..." Neither you nor I like it -- there's no place for it in MLB. And that's my point -- it's bush league, it's juvenile, ... My Dad (who was not well-educated but who had lots of common sense) would have simply said "The helmet patting is just 'not a good idea'." Again, my Dad was a man of few words -- but he knew what to do and what not to do.