Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

UPDATE 8/31: $100 REWARD FOR INFO LEADING TO / RECOVERY OF...

coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 31, 2021 9:32AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

coindeuce Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭December 17, 2010 1:25PM edited August 21, 2021 10:02PM in U.S. Coin Forum
A LOST / STOLEN eBAY purchase.image Allegedly shipped by eBay member icoinbiz on or after December 4 by 1st class Priority Mail, with a Paypal generated U.S.P.S. mailing label, with delivery confirmation. The following item: 1859 N.Y. State Agricultural Society award medal, Julian AM-62. Silver, 38 mm. The images below provide any additional description necessary. I am in the process of contacting the U.S.P.S. facility where all non-deliverable, untraceable articles are held, in the hopes it may be recovered there. Any valid info can be reported to me by PM here.

This item is currently (as of 8/21/21) offered by a California based eBay seller. As noted above this incident ocurred 11 years ago. I knew it would resurface eventually. Stay tuned. The seller has been notified.
Link to the current eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274785884242?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160908105057&meid=5633f7b52fe5432f88040de610c3da38&pid=100675&rk=1&rkt=15&sd=274785884242&itm=274785884242&pmt=0&noa=1&pg=2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci:cf42ede1-02ec-11ec-ae57-0ec516861fdc|parentrq:6b97087f17b0a44c2b55e4c3fffd3a24|iid:1

8/31/21 - Through due diligence on trying to recover additional evidence on this issue: I have determined that the original eBay user ID was changed twice over the course of the past 11 years. In discussing the matter with eBay, their indication was that the contact info for the current seller's eBay ID is same as was for original seller. I also have tentative indication that the original seller refunded my payment in 2010, but that does not preclude that the item may have either been stolen from U.S. mail or was never shipped.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep us posted. And good luck with the recovery The item still belongs to you. Unless insurance was paid?
    Martin

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what an interesting twist of fate. Hope it is recovered. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JimWJimW Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭

Please let us know how it works out!

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did ebay say?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. Hot is hot forever. Well, until it is in the rightful owner's hand. That's some serious sleuthing. Best to you.

• Options

@Martin said:
    Keep us posted. And good luck with the recovery The item still belongs to you. Unless insurance was paid?
    Martin

And even if insurance was paid, the item is still not in the rightful owner's hands, unless it was a lawful sale. ( which is doubtful).

• Options
    MartinMartin Posts: 841 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin you are correct. I just assumed since he offered a reward for the coin he owned it. It would matter if he had received a refund from the seller or a insurance claim paid.

I also would Like to know What his winning bid was the first time

Martin

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2021 3:09PM

If you were refunded by the seller back then for this coin, though, what cause of action would you have now, 11 years later? Just curious.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Yes, this is kind of curious. Paid for item, but not shipped ? Refund given ? That would imply the actual original sale never went through. In that case it would not be a stolen coin. But hey, it's entertaining.

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story! :+1:

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

• Options
    edited August 31, 2021 10:27AM

@Martin said:
    @TwoSides2aCoin you are correct. I just assumed since he offered a reward for the coin he owned it. It would matter if he had received a refund from the seller or a insurance claim paid.

I also would Like to know What his winning bid was the first time

Martin

This was a fixed price item. I recall that my cost in 2010 was as shown below in feedback profile, after icoinbiz changed user ID. I am in the process of requesting a review from PayPal. Do not know if they archive transactions that far back.