Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Delete

PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 21, 2021 7:33PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

Collecting interests: Mexico & Peru early milled 1 reales + 1796-1891 US dimes

Sports: NHL & NFL

Thank you Lord for another beautiful day!!!

Comments

• PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or if someone knows the seller please PM me.

Anyone?

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are looking for a specific coin that is hard to buy like the ones you have asked about recently, best option is to have a connected dealer find it for you,

I'm not naming names but one of them posts here regularly. That's who I would start with for the coins you are trying to buy.

Just be prepared to pay a significant premium to the "market" price to provide an incentive for the owner to sell it. You'll also need to make it worthwhile for the dealer to look for it.

edited August 21, 2021 6:03PM

@WCC said:
    If you are looking for a specific coin that is hard to buy like the ones you have asked about recently, best option is to have a connected dealer find it for you,

I'm not naming names but one of them posts here regularly. That's who I would start with for the coins you are trying to buy.

Just be prepared to pay a significant premium to the "market" price to provide an incentive for the owner to sell it. You'll also need to make it worthwhile for the dealer to look for it.

Thanks hopefully someone reaches out to me for that one or another.

edited August 21, 2021 6:05PM

I know it's not up for auction yet does the seller have the right to delete it on HA and sell it to me since the auction is in late October. Not trying to cause problems hence the question.

Last one sold for 1980$ I believe in authentic.

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KingOfMorganDollar said:
    I know it's not up for auction yet does the seller have the right to delete it on HA and sell it to me since the auction is in late October. Not trying to cause problems hence the question.

Standard auction contracts don’t allow for that, for obvious reasons.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:

Exactly what Mr Eureka said. Why would Stacks let the person sell it to you?

My respectful suggestion to you as you explained your abundance of free time
    To me via Private messages, find a job you can do from home. You will have more money to buy coins and less time to think about buying coins.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

@MrEureka said:

Thanks simply did not know. Hopefully I can locate one before then.

edited August 21, 2021 7:18PM

@Yorkshireman said:

@MrEureka said:

To me via Private messages, find a job you can do from home. You will have more money to buy coins and less time to think about buying coins.

Thanks. I have been saving I can afford a 1732 and 1733 8 reales in authentic grade (I would pay without delay that is not the issue it is finding these 2 coins). Otherwise I would not be asking but I get your point.

That is the not so fun part of been on medical retirement. I try to keep busy I did not post here for months and months just have enough now saved up hence my request for these 2 coins.

I reached out here I knew my chances were slim on these 2 coins but you never know maybe it will work out and someone will be able to help. Most other pillar reales I can locate myself and come up more often for sale.

• WCCWCC Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yorkshireman said:

@MrEureka said:

Thanks. I have been saving I can afford a 1732 and 1733 8 reales in authentic grade (I would pay without delay that is not the issue it is finding these 2 coins). Otherwise I would not be asking but I get your point.

The 1733 is not a rare coin, except in grade. It's actually common. You can probably find one on your own as a "genuine" or "details".

You did not ask, but personally, I would avoid buying a "problem" coin of this date and denomination. It's in demand but I find it expensive for its availability and one that I think could fall out of favor later in the quality you are talking about buying.. I have always assumed the price is due to the limited availability of the 1732 as the first readily available date.

For almost $2,000 USD, you should be able to find a decent to nice 1730's of another date in numerically graded XF or maybe AU. This is likely to be harder to find and you may need some help unless you are willing to wait awhile.

@WCC said:

@Yorkshireman said:

@MrEureka said:

The 1733 is not a rare coin, except in grade. It's actually common. You can probably find one on your own as a "genuine" or "details".

You did not ask, but personally, I would avoid buying a "problem" coin of this date and denomination. It's in demand but I find it expensive for its availability and one that I think could fall out of favor later in the quality you are talking about buying.. I have always assumed the price is due to the limited availability of the 1732 as the first readily available date.

For almost $2,000 USD, you should be able to find a decent to nice 1730's of another date in numerically graded XF or maybe AU. This is likely to be harder to find and you may need some help unless you are willing to wait awhile.

I collect 8 Reales from 1732 to 1821 so I would like to buy these 2 coins then it is much cheaper and I can just enjoy myself. I do not mind authentic coins at all they don't bother me especially those from 1732 to 1770. I am not doing this for investment I am doing it because I truly enjoy myself.