Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Reporting Errors to PSA during Grading Stage

Once we click on a reason and the order is pulled and put aside are we then contacted to elaborate on the error or do we just assume they are able to catch what it is and correct without contacting us during the process? Has anyone ever reported an error but it was never corrected?

In this case I forgot to label the card as a gold parallel. The base or gold version has never been graded before. In fact now that I look again, no cards from that subset have ever been graded...

Comments

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭

I would be nice if we could have a text box to indicate what we think the error is. So far ever time I have clicked report an error things worked out but those have all been on CRC submissions to correct a previous error

Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

I have no idea how they will know it's a gold parallel if they haven't even graded a base version previously.

I find it strange there is not option to add a comment to the error reporting.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is space to comment on the error reporting if you select 'other' but the character limit is far too restrictive. You can only type a few words and in most cases, it would be much better for the card owner and for the PSA staff if there would be no limit there so everyone can get all the info they want and need on a particular item and get it right. I have been frustrated many times by reporting errors that did not get corrected afterwards and then still had the cards come back graded w/ mech errors.

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

I would at minnimum link the set from Beckett and some other site so they can see it catalogued? Chances are if it's not catalogued by a reputable site it won't get fixed. They will listen but do their own research to confirm.

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@jackstraw said:
    I would at minnimum link the set from Beckett and some other site so they can see it catalogued? Chances are if it's not catalogued by a reputable site it won't get fixed. They will listen but do their own research to confirm.

I didn't select "other" and attach a link or explanation, I just picked "variety" error hoping they would see the gold foil Upper Deck logo vs the regular silver one, doubtful, seeing as no silver foil versions even exist in their POP. Sounds like my best recourse is to reach out to customer service and try to add a note to the error that way.

Cheers!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jayman1982 said:
    Once we click on a reason and the order is pulled and put aside are we then contacted to elaborate on the error or do we just assume they are able to catch what it is and correct without contacting us during the process? Has anyone ever reported an error but it was never corrected?

In this case I forgot to label the card as a gold parallel. The base or gold version has never been graded before. In fact now that I look again, no cards from that subset have ever been graded...

I have had horrible luck with reporting errors during the grading process.

N9: NOT GRADED 1989 Topps Doubleheaders Roger Clemens

Sent in 2 Clemens along with 4 other of these and they refused to grade, with no explanation.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set