RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭

What you get for $200+ !

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Does BGS send cards back like that usually? OMG

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭

While I see what you're saying, I wonder if the bigger comparison here is Fedex vs USPS.

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

@dontippet said:
    While I see what you're saying, I wonder if the bigger comparison here is Fedex vs USPS.

No, it's the prep, not the transport....

• Options
    GOBUCKSGOBUCKS Posts: 47 ✭✭

The BGS box looks like it has been gone though by some Fedex workers.. I would record myself opening that box in case I needed it for insurance purposes.

• Options
    jimqjimq Posts: 256 ✭✭✭

I got an email survey from PSA a few days ago asking about my cards being shipped thru FedEx. My FedEx driver is awful and so if they went to FedEx I would be done with PSA. USPS isn't perfect but they're usually good enough for me.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fed ex is horrible. Have been for years.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think Jenny deals with unopened instead

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

and while fedex was the carrier, most of the problem here is the overall packaging job. if its not done properly, with proper inner padding and taped tightly, boxes get smushed like this very easily.

look at all that excess security tape at the bottom. pretty sure that blue ink shouldnt probably even be seen. then the left and right edges arent even taped for security or just as important to hold the box together for support. all this leads to excess room for contents to shift.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maddux69 said:
    I think Jenny deals with unopened instead

glad someone caught that! 😉

• Options
    edited September 7, 2021 10:35AM

Evidently they don't care as this is standard operating procedure.... My buddy just got this one with exposed side slots. Maybe if SGC, CGC/CSG, PSA didn't have such high shipping standards, this might not even be an issue? But if they ever reject some cards and send them back raw, there could be moisture/rain issues if the box gets subjected to the elements.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

So sloppy. It's just not that hard to do it right the first time. UG!

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

that's rough but better than one I received from 4sharp last month where they didn't even tape the end. No idea how the cards actually made it without disappearing!

• Options

Definitely not a FedEx problem. PSA sends my packages here to Canada via FedEx, and they look like the box on the right. My last order was packed so well, I had a hard time opening it. Haha.

• Options

I've had bad shipping experiences with 4SC as well.

As for Beckett, they have lost many many customers because of their greed, and poor service. They waited way too long to stop taking in cards. People have been waiting 12-14 months to get their cards back. And their customer service is awful.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭

I recently received 2 boxes back from BGS. One box of 8 slabs was OK, but a box of 4 had all 4 slabs with cracks.

• Options

@SoxPatsFan said:

One box of 8 slabs was OK, but a box of 4 had all 4 slabs with cracks.

Did you send them back?

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    SoxPatsFanSoxPatsFan Posts: 196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 10:35PM

Soon. I emailed and received a reply saying I could send them in for free re-holdering with my next submission, but I don't plan to submit again anytime soon, especially with them being basically shut down right now.

I'll email back soon and see about re-holdering without a submission. The cracked holders are all PC cards so I'm in no hurry since I'm not flipping them. Plus, I was without the cards for 6 months during the grading process, now that I finally have them back I really don't want to give them up again right away.