• Options
    CasabrownCasabrown Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

ttt

• Options

ttt

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

It's true. Even as a kid I would hoard Mercury dimes. I was born May 17 1946, and even as I grew up Mercurys were in circulation. I remember collecting them, but being 75 years old now I can't remember what I did with this collection. Maybe getting rid of them put a block in my head to forget them.

Dan
  • Options

I, too, have a memorable childhood experience regarding these coins. My younger sister took possession and purchased some candy with them. I was so disappointed, but at some point replaced them. I am selling my business strike coins, but will keep my proof set.

Here is another example of the coins available via Great Collections.

Thanks for your story.

• Options

ttt

• Options

Here is another to wet your appetite as available thru Great Collections:

Thanks for viewing

• Options

ttt

• Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭

What you say is true. I've loved the Mercury dime since I was a child. Collected them as a 10 year old. There were a lot of them in circulation when I was born in 1946. I kept every thing that came down the path. We were poor since my father died not long after the war. I have no memories of him. I tried to save Standing Quarters, but that was a bit rich for my family. I decided to wait until I could work for money. Oh well enough said.

Dan