Home Q & A Forum
Options

Kool aid packet / wrappers collection

shark669shark669 Posts: 19
edited August 14, 2021 4:08PM in Q & A Forum

I know its random :smile:

But Anyone knows of any form for Kool aid packet collector forum?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never heard of anybody collecting them.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody has been drinking the Kool-Aid

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall a guy named Jim Jones was into Kool-Aid. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    I seem to recall a guy named Jim Jones was into Kool-Aid. Peace Roy

Thank you
    Not sure if you're joking 🤔
    If you are not, who is this guy?

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, lets just say.............

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Well, lets just say.............

:D

• Options

Not sure Jim Jones used Kool-Aid.

Anyhow--I have been selling my Kool-Aid collection on eBay for about two years.

I have been doing VERY well.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

We were living in NorCal at the time of that tragedy and I seem to recall he used laced Goofy Grape to kill everyone. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Timsdad said:

Did you sell individual ones or as a collection?

• Options

@shark669 said:

@Timsdad said:

Did you sell individual ones or as a collection?

I have been selling singles and some groups. Just sold three groups this past week. I will be putting up some more stuff soon. First generation "picture packs" will be next.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they normally trade opened or sealed? What are the rules for condition?

• Options

Condition, condition, condition. Just like any other hobby. Opened packs are worthless. I have never even considered them a" placeholder".
    I assembled quite a collection over 25-30 years. Never thinking anyone else was doing the same. So I was very pleasantly surprised when they were getting very good money when I started to sell off the collection.
    Much like car collecting these days--the really old stuff doesn't bring much. The "newer" stuff from the 80's-90's does great. Those are the people who have disposable income now and want stuff from their youth.

• Options

@Timsdad said:
    Condition, condition, condition. Just like any other hobby. Opened packs are worthless. I have never even considered them a" placeholder".
    I assembled quite a collection over 25-30 years. Never thinking anyone else was doing the same. So I was very pleasantly surprised when they were getting very good money when I started to sell off the collection.
    Much like car collecting these days--the really old stuff doesn't bring much. The "newer" stuff from the 80's-90's does great. Those are the people who have disposable income now and want stuff from their youth.

Thanks for the info @Timsdad
    Do you mind taking a look at the pictures tell me if its worth anything?

• Options

To begin with--the pack you have on top is still current(I believe). It is empty and has the top torn off. Worth zero.

Check eBay for prices of this stuff. Sometimes people pay high prices for some Kool-Aid packs but they will regret it soon. Some people are asking crazy prices for some common packs. I know of a couple of guys who have bought some of my stuff and then put up individual packs at ten-twenty times than what they paid for them. Once in a very great while they sell one. Not very often.

Have fun!

• Options

@Timsdad will you be able to evaluate the value of my collection?
    Thanks for your help

• Options

The only place I know of to sell Kool-Aid packs is eBay. That being said--eBay can be a very fickle market place. I have seen Kool-Aid packs bid up into hundreds of dollars and the next one put up only get a few bucks. And vise-versa. Let us all know what you have that you think is valuable and I can come up with a close value. I have been monitoring Kool-Aid packs on eBay for about ten years. It has been fun and rewarding. The way any hobby should be.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never thought about Kool aif collections. Do they sell single packs

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options

Very depressing seeing the prices that are realized on eBay. Be VERY careful if you are planning on buying something. Shop for at least a couple of weeks.