Home Metal Detecting
Options

COINMASTER 4000/D Series 3

Picked this up at a yard sale for 10 bucks. It looks new. No operator's manual. I did find one on-line though.

I've been looking for a youtube video, no joy! I see everything but a 4000/D!! Can anyone post a link to an operating video on this detector? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MOS0231MOS0231 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

Thanks very much signal!
    Let me go thru these links and digest them.

I hope one of them is a YouTube user video.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2021 7:48PM

@MOS0231 said:
    ( I've been looking for a youtube video, no joy! I see everything but a 4000/D!! )

Isn't the 5000 pretty much the same thing (same controlls) just a newer model??. There seems to be some 5000/D videos on youtube. Hope this link works -

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Whites+Coinmaster+5000/D+metal+detector

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Yes, the 5000/D is similar but not exact. Non of those are how-to videos. I need a video that tells me what each of those knobs does and demonstrates how they work. But thanks!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MOS0231 If it works, should be decent unit. The abbreviated terminology is still used today. Discrimination allows the unit to ignore junk metals and not make a sound. GB is ground balance, so you tune it until the mineralization in the soil sound is gone. Put some batteries in that puppy and practice. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Thanks Namvet69! Yep, brand new batteries. It works. It's beeping, light is on and the arrow in the meter is jumping. Like I said, it looks brand new. It even has a headset.

I'm looking for a metal detector club in my area. I'll take it there and have one of those guys actually show me in person.

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭

If you are new to metal detecting, I suggest you sell this detector on eBay and buy yourself a Minelab Vanquish 440 or 540. It was a great buy for $10, but, is obsolete.

• Options

@Bayard1908 said:
    If you are new to metal detecting, I suggest you sell this detector on eBay and buy yourself a Minelab Vanquish 440 or 540. It was a great buy for $10, but, is obsolete.

Well, I've never metal detected before. Why?..... Because I know I would probably get hooked on it! And it would wind up costing me money, just like my coin addiction! :D Besides, all the good detecting sights have probably already been picked thru.

I know this one is a low-end machine but for 10 bucks, what the heck.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MOS0231 said:

( I need a video that tells me what each of those knobs does and demonstrates how they work.)

Well that's where your owners/users manual will come into play along with some hands on experience - Best of luck on you first find!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"