Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Series 1963B $1 FRNs

A mere 13 blocks make up this set to a series (1963B) exclusive to $1 FRNs. A common misconception to non-collectors is that these are rare...they’re not. A total of 458,200,000 1963B $1 FRNs were printed, with the New York district getting the lions share. Joseph Barr was Secretary of the Treasury for only 28 days, the shortest term ever. His signature is only on one dollar notes printed in December 1968 and January 1969. This is a complete uncirculated set assembled one note at a time over a period of about two years. Post your 1963B $1 FRNs.

Comments

• mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

• mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 97 ✭✭✭

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BadWithMoney said:
    I don't even see these on the greysheet

I don’t know anything about the Greysheet, but the paper money Greensheet doesn’t go any later than series 1950. Like I said in my OP, they’re not all that valuable, I just like completing sets.

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice complete set.

The vast majority of sets of these are only district sets. And those are easy because only 5 of the 12 districts issued these. But a district/block set is the true "complete" set of these. Congratulations.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.