Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL sends out video warning players about new taunting rules

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 11, 2021 2:49AM in Sports Talk

The NFL has sent out a video warning players about the new taunting rules for the 2021 season, roll the footage!

Comments

• Options

You've all been warned, the NFL is cracking down, they're cracking ding, dang, diddly down!

• Options

Down I say!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a joke, these guys are all adults and should be able to handle it. I wish they would just stop with all the PC nonsense.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the actual changes? Or is it just going to be enforced differently? Because taunting seemed to be called often and enforced for things such as shown in that video.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    What a joke, these guys are all adults and should be able to handle it. I wish they would just stop with all the PC nonsense.

Yes, it is nonsense, they treat them like babies.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    What are the actual changes? Or is it just going to be enforced differently? Because taunting seemed to be called often and enforced for things such as shown in that video.

They are going to enforce it more strictly, and it's going to be an all out crack down. And if they catch you taunting twice in a game it's an automatic ejection. I'm not sure if the ejection rule is new or not, but I think it's just silly. During the heat of a battle emotions are running hot and guys talk trash, let em' play.

• Options

Now listen here, let this be a lesson to all of you NFL hooligans, if you so much as look at your opponent the wrong way, there will be consequences and repercussions!

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 7:24AM

I don't see any evidence on either of those in the video. Pure bravo Sierra.
    The rant can still be made at the fans so then it can't be considered toward the opposing player.

Defender in opponents home stadium, after making a great tackle, just curtsy and bow to the fans- swing your arm around when bowing- stand up and salute the opposing fans-
    Stadium would erupt.

Have a nice day
  • Options

I mean I’d rather see taunting than the team pictures in the end zone when celebrating a TD that they allow

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like inside pitches and hit by pitches in baseball (they never seem to balance out the punishments), let the players take care of it themselves.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    I mean I’d rather see taunting than the team pictures in the end zone when celebrating a TD that they allow

I do not like this celebration.

• Options

You want an example of taunting, here you go, this is taunting!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

National Flag-football League.

whats next, no more boxing/ufc pre-fight promos?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Fun League

Not For Long

• Options

Ah, the refs are all incompetent anyway!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ i hit the lol, but had to note that i actually did laugh out loud on this one!

it even garnered the wife looking over and asked “what?”.

• Options

@blurryface said:
    ^ i hit the lol, but had to note that i actually did laugh out loud on this one!

it even garnered the wife looking over and asked “what?”.

Awesome! 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

i actually enjoy the taunting. I loved it when Tyreek Hill got taunted at the end of last years super bowl.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2021 11:53AM

Taunting is bad sportsmanship. If any of my kids did it I would be pissed. If kids see NFL players doing it they will think it is okay.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

It is okay to celebrate but the 'in your face' stuff should not be acceptable at any level.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    It is okay to celebrate but the 'in your face' stuff should not be acceptable at any level.

I just wish there was less of the celebrating. Signaling every first down (and then rudely dropping the football as a side judge comes in to mark the spot instead of handing it to them) is annoying. Celebrating a normal 12yd catch in the 2nd quarter is annoying. Celebrating a regular tackle for a 2yd gain is annoying. You get the idea.

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    Taunting is bad sportsmanship. If any of my kids did it I would be pissed. If kids see NFL players doing it they will think it is okay.

But remember these guys are NOT role models regardless of what the NFL wants to pitch