Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Legacy grading accepting subs at ANA

Interesting, just saw an ad/post on instagram that legacy will accepting submissions on site at ana.

For a while ,,and maybe now, it didnt seem like the website was up and active etc.

Hmmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would caution any collectors about using this third party grading company. Do your homework people.

• Options
    NoGoldNoGold Posts: 41 ✭✭

I have not encountered any problems with legacy and have used them frequently.
    I'm aware of the PCGS-C fiasco and had notes severely delayed. Legacy grading is very good and accurate and I like their holders. I also use PMG & PCGS Banknote.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many dealers worry that Legacy graded notes are not accepted at major auction houses.

• Options
    NoGoldNoGold Posts: 41 ✭✭

That's probably a concern for some dealers. I sell to dealers and collectors. I know a lot of them are buying the note and not the holder. I can't say the note will always remain in the same holder after its sold but I see Legacy holders in dealer cases at the shows. It's not as prominent as the other grading companies but they are out there in the marketplace.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really!

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2021 6:26AM

I don't think that many complained about the grading of Legacy (former pcgs)...it was the administrative/legal issues that hangs on. The present pcgs is not to be confused with the former pcgs (trade name was leased) who now owns Legacy.