Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Youtube Channels?

Last week, I came across the Youtube channel "Baseball Card Collector Investor Dealer". It's run by a gentleman named Chris Sewall. It's a low key channel that consists of Sewall either telling stories from his many acquisitions, reviewing sets, tutorial-type videos, or going over recent sales and auctions. He comes across as very honest and the videos are solid and packed with quality information. I especially like his stories and reviews of his deals as he breaks down the costs and profits involved in each. Really cool stuff. Highly recommended.

So, what else is out there for Youtube channels? I'm not really looking for hyper maniacs ripping packs and yelling at me but channels dedicated to cards, especially history or tales from card dealers, would be great.

Whatcha got?

Comments

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sewall sells on eBay.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2021 12:25PM

I like Chris a lot!

He's very honest and gives great info.

Here's a good one for readers to watch about his purchase of an entire booth at the National and how it truly went.

I think everyone will find it informative and interesting. LINK

https://youtu.be/d7zjJbYK_u0

The Sports Card Investor, Geoff Wilson, can be fun to watch tho he's been pissing a lot of people off as of late due to going overboard endorsing PWCC vault from the National this year e.g. LINK

If ya want to see someone video his sales at shows and his methods? I like Jets Mamba - he's a young guy with a good sales approach IMO. LINK

If ya want to watch a popular "breaker?" Jabs Family opens a lot of new product - baseball only - but is entertaining and really knows baseball with an incredible memory. His grasp of the hobby at large is rather limited but that adds to the "charm" of the show IMO. He gets excited every time he "hits" something good! LINK

Just for breaks and entertainment? Retired Yankee pitcher Phils Hughes is fun and entertaining - Phil's Pulls on youtube. LINK

Matt from Graded Card Investor is pretty good too - tho I don't go there much. Plenty of info tho. LINK

Another good breaker show on youtube is Layton Sports Cards for the amount of product they open - so it's kind of like a set review for you to decide whether you would want to pursue it? LINK

And I met these guys at the National in 2015 - Jaspys Case Breaks. LINK

I like watching these shows while I sort cards e.g. Very relaxing and entertaining IMO.

Mike
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ pretty much spot on. only thing id add is that jabs has a ton of things that arent pleasant to hear. the 72 opc bbce box for instance. trying to force a return after selling out a break, opening it up and realizing the cards were ruined by the gum. then theres the numerous batting practice shagging vids where he runs over kids to get the balls simply so he can sell them online. the leaving his wife and kids though to be w one of his patrons takes the cake.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    ^ pretty much spot on. only thing id add is that jabs has a ton of things that arent pleasant to hear. the 72 opc bbce box for instance. trying to force a return after selling out a break, opening it up and realizing the cards were ruined by the gum. then theres the numerous batting practice shagging vids where he runs over kids to get the balls simply so he can sell them online. the leaving his wife and kids though to be w one of his patrons takes the cake.

Can't argue with that stuff. He's actually had someone go after him on youtube if memory serves? It was said his participation on youtube cost him a marriage.

I didn't want to get into all this since - in general - his breaks are fun - and a great way to know whether one likes a product and the amount of inserts per box etc.

It's amazing - even with all that "dirty laundry" - he's amassed almost 100,000 subs and I have no idea how many Patreons he has at a min of 3 bucks per month. Patreon sub is a prerequisite for participation in his breaks. "And" he hold special Patreon only videos.

I'm sure, at this point, his youtube earning way eclipses what he makes as a high school Spanish teacher.

Mike
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:

Here's a good one for readers to watch about his purchase of an entire booth at the National and how it truly went.

I think everyone will find it informative and interesting. [LINK]

I had just watched Chris's video on the National which is what made me wonder about other channels people watch. I just love his style - laid back, funny, and he seems honest.

Thanks for the links to other channels. I'll give some of them a try.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you are into 90s inserts, check out

the essential credentials youtube channel.

very informative

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Eliteco3 - incredible high-end slabs showcased from numerous submission returns
    Nuf Ced Cards, Bluejacket66 and The Mangini Collection have incredible vintage collections
    Rated Rookie and Sliverjackify show nice high-end stuff too. Pretty sure I'm forgetting several more.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Very refreshing to watch. Is he from overseas. At some point in a video he said on one of his trips to America ??

• Options

@Mickey71 said:
    Very refreshing to watch. Is he from overseas. At some point in a video he said on one of his trips to America ??

He's from Washington DC but moved to the Netherlands for a couple years for his wife's job.

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@Mickey71 said:

He's from Washington DC but moved to the Netherlands for a couple years for his wife's job.

Thanks. I think I have purchased a graded vintage card or two from him.

• Options
    DgofwinterDgofwinter Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 3:16PM

Baseball Card Collector Dealer Investor is about the only one that I will watch. Agree with all the above comments about Chris. Knowledgeable,experienced , interesting, truthful, and humble. Not many good ones after that.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

I like him a lot; in fact I met him at the national this year and made his last show with a pic. I love his high rollers episodes, especially the vintage. I think his storytime is great also.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

@tonylags said:
    I like him a lot; in fact I met him at the national this year and made his last show with a pic. I love his high rollers episodes, especially the vintage. I think his storytime is great also.

Yeah, the high roller episodes are fun. And the reviews of various auctions, too. Congrats on making his show!

• Options

@Stone193 said:
    Just for breaks and entertainment? Retired Yankee pitcher Phils Hughes is fun and entertaining - Phil's Pulls on youtube. LINK

I watched a bunch of videos from Phil last night - including the Transcendant break he did with the oversized 1/1 Cy Young cut auto (what a card!). In a lot of videos, if you didn't know better, you wouldn't find out that Phil played in the majors. I like that. He could just be some dude named Phil. But then he'll throw in a story about Mike Mussina running a black market candy operation when they were teammates and that's really cool. He has an interesting perspective and his videos are entertaining.

Thanks for the recommendation - I'm now a subscriber.

• Options

I'm one of the hosts of Sports Card Madness. We've had guests like Walt Frazier, Nat Turner, Rick Probstein and even an ex-Beckett grader if you want to check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9IkAR6cfIxeJ9WnJyfB3tA

• Options
    bgrbgr Posts: 250 ✭✭✭

I showed a Sports Card Radio video to my two boys to teach them about the dangers of drugs and the importance of staying in school!

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@bgr said:
    I showed a Sports Card Radio video to my two boys to teach them about the dangers of drugs and the importance of staying in school!

Dying ... this is the funniest thing i've read in a while. Nice one!

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

He sets up at Chantilly - Huggins and Scott table.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

Silver dragons on YouTube does good content

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.