Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Grading Ticket Stubs

So me and my wife attended the Twins and Cardinal's in St. Louis last Sunday
, August 1st ....................and we witness Yadi Molina pass Albert Pujol's for 4th
place on the all time Cardinal's hit list milestone ! I'm thinking that's quite an
accomplishment and I should get my ticket stubs graded at Psa ..................but
wait ................I have no tickets ................just virtual tickets on the MLB.com app
which I purchased in May !
So I know Covid played a factor and that the ballparks weren't sure when fans
could attend and how many would be allowed in , thus the reason for tickets being
on my cell phone ! Is this going to be the new norm for purchasing tickets ???? What
if the MLB teams decide to do away with ticket stubs because they are finding out
its cheaper to go with tickets on your phone !
Robbie

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
1963 Fleer
Lou Brock Master Set

Comments

• jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

The Packers have finally gone ticketless...I think they may have been the last hold out in the NFL.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Kansas City Royals used to print up decorative tickets on a heavy card stock for season ticket members for free as part of your season ticket package. Then, 5 years ago or so, they made the tickets digital, but you could still print paper tickets at home or pay an additional $100 per season ticket to still receive the decorative pre-printed tickets. That only lasted a year, I believe, and then it was print at home only or digital tickets on your phone. They have gone to strictly digital tickets since 2020, or maybe it was 2019?...I do believe you can still go to guest services located inside the stadium and pay an extra fee for decorative tickets from that game date if you attended and would like a momento. I have no idea what it costs or if they definitively even do that, though.

• RobbyRobby Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the input ! I had no idea about the NFL ................As I haven't
    attended an NFL game since the Rams were in St. Louis !

Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Digital ticks the norm now..
    Sucks, but understandable.

• countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coincidentally, pertinent to this discussion, having already sold my season tickets to the Royals-Cardinals series this weekend, I was invited to go along with a friend of mine to one of the games as his guest. To make a loooong story short, my friend was unable to access his MLB account from his cell phone. We were eventually directed to the main box office outside the stadium, where there were 2 open windows with employees offering assistance. After some conversation and providing an I.D. and a credit card, they printed hard copies of his exact tickets for a $5 total service charge. I wasn't actively engaged in the discussion, but I was under the impression that the $5 charge was a flat fee, whether he'd have had the need to print just 1 ticket, or 2, or 10. I would assume this service is available to anyone, not just morons that can't log into their accounts. It was nothing fancy, just your basic generic ticket.

That occurred prior to the game, obviously, in order to gain entrance. As mentioned above earlier in the thread, while not confirmed, I am also under the impression that once inside and the game is underway or even at its conclusion, if you decide you'd like a hard copy ticket (for a reason such as witnessing a milestone achievement), go to guest services, and they will similarly look up your MLB account information and print some tickets for you for a fee. Hard copy tickets, while rare, certainly do exist.