Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Please help identify!

Tmac45Tmac45 Posts: 6
edited August 7, 2021 12:45PM in World & Ancient Coins Forum

I am an estate sale guy. Came across these a few years ago in a jewelry lot that I purchased mainly for the 18k Omega watch. I know they are in rough condition but maybe there is enough to ID. This 3 coins front and back displayed.

Comments

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

They are all Roman. The second one down in Emperor Gallenius but someone with far more knowledge than I possess will be needed to id any further.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    John ConduittJohn Conduitt Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    edited August 7, 2021 6:14PM

I don't think your photos are in the right order.

The top one could be a 2 Victories reverse, or an emperor receiving something.

The 2nd one is Constantius II or someone similar.

The 3rd and 4th are Gallienus with a Minerva reverse. Something like RIC 617: Bronze antoninianus, Antioch. 19mm. 265. GALLIENVS AVG. MINERVA AVG, Minerva standing left, holding spear and resting left hand on shield. Mintmark VIIC http://www.wildwinds.com/coins/ric/gallienus/i.html

The 5th one looks like a FEL TEMP fallen horseman reverse.

The 6th one looks like a radiate bust. But FEL TEMP reverses don't go with radiate busts.

The shape of the 5th coin looks like the 2nd photo. So 2 + 5 give you Constantius II (or Constans) with a FEL TEMP fallen horseman reverse, perhaps from Constantinople.

That leaves you with 1 and 6. It might be Aurelian (IMP AVRELIANVS AVG) with something like a IOVI CONSER, CONCORDIA AVG, VIRT MILITVM or RESTITVT ORBIS reverse.

• Options

The pictures got out of order when I uploaded them. See if this is better, this is just 3 coins. Thanks for the help so far.

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭

The reverse sides are all upside down.

Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options

Alright, third times the charm.

• Options

@JohnConduitt John, after doing a little eBay recon it doesn’t look like I have much here. Do you think my best approach would be to bundle these and try to get between $10-20?