Home Autographs Forum
Options

My Autograph Collection (from late 90's / early 2000's)

I collected autographs as a teen in the late 90's / early 00's by sending letters to film & TV -celebrities, and here's some of my collection - just for fun! What do you think?

I maybe should've gone for the whole set with The Simpsons, but I like these!

In 2000 I sent the cover of EMPIRE -magazine for Russell Crowe to sign and I got it back together with this promo shot from the Gladiator.

Robin Williams in 1999.

Children's book author Astrid Lindgren (Pippi Longstocking etc.) back in 1996.

I loved the comic Mutts, so I was happy to get it's creator to draw a dog... for my dog (which was called King)!

Got this from the original Q in 1998.

I love the fact that fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier apparently has this image as his promo shot! I think I got this by emailing him in 2001!

And here's my personal favorite:

The author Clive Cussler sent me an original page from his draft for a book in 1999. I was a big fan of his books at the time, so this was really special. He also responded back with a handwritten letter. This is a personal treasure.

I also have a framed poster from the filmmakers of the Blair Witch Project, which is the iconic poster that they've signed and written "Don't get lost in the woods!" on it. I don't have a picture of it, but it's pretty fun one too!

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff!

I never did get one of those Cussler pages despite having a few other successes from him.

If you had started collecting just a few years earlier Simpsons creator Matt Groening was sending out hand-drawn sketches of Bart. ;)

• Options

I got Lindgren sgd Pippi book June or July '01.....she died spring '02