Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post Spanish coins from 1700's

I do not know how to explain it, but I love Spanish coins from the 1700's. Post pictures :). I will go first with my gold and silver Spanish coins.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

Comments

• Options
    WCCWCC Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's quite a nice looking VG.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

@WCC said:

Thanks! I think they under graded it! It still has some good features. At the coin show I was at two weeks ago, people were complaining about how NGC and PCGS are not grading accurately.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

@coinandcurrency242 said:

@WCC said:

Thanks! I think they under graded it! It still has some good features. At the coin show I was at two weeks ago, people were complaining about how NGC and PCGS are not grading accurately.

It is an opinion and there are no grading standards/guidelines for most world coins to my knowledge. But I also find grading inconsistent on my primary series, pillars.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

@WCC said:

@coinandcurrency242 said:

@WCC said:

It is an opinion and there are no grading standards/guidelines for most world coins to my knowledge. But I also find grading inconsistent on my primary series, pillars.

True. The biggest problem might be they have seen so few of a specific example that it is harder to grade over say a Morgan Dollar which they see thousands of. When I looked at the census for the 1794, NGC have only graded 4 to include 1 that got the body bag label lol! I guess that is a huge factor since they have seen so few examples nothing to go off of with consistency.

• Options

The grading services may only see a few of a particular date, but it's not like they have not seen many of the type. With your coin, the portrait is shared with colonial coinage from six mints and they have graded many. The reverse is somewhat different but it has less impact on the assigned grade. The low numbers are a factor in their assessment of the strike quality, but wouldn't think that would make much of a difference with a VG.

• Options
    jgennjgenn Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got a few Spanish coins from the 1700's: