Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

Surprised that moderator closed discussion: Your opinion please - a general idea for coin charity

Moderator sensibly pointed out:

Fundraising - PCGS is proud to allow posts seeking to fundraise for numismatic causes. These causes can include, members of the numismatic community that are experiencing hard times or programs such as research initiatives and YN classes. You may be asked to provide proof that the funds generated from this forum will be put toward the initiative outlined in the post. Unfortunately, we cannot allow non-numismatic related fundraising, charitable or otherwise. All fundraising posts must be approved by a moderator.

However, the discussion Your opinion please - a general idea for coin charity was not a fundraising post, and was instead discussing the possibility and practicality of various (as it turns out :smile: ) impractical fundraising concepts.

Anyway, that was a good discussion, and I appreciate having my naïve ideas brought back to earth.

am

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

opinion - let it go - do not question the modulators

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

roger and out

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

I dont know why PCGS would have a problem with fundraising for a charity if its a legitimate 501-(c)(3) IRA designated charity - -except that someone could set up a fake name that looks like a legit charity, to scam innocent collectors.

Hmmm now that I think about it, the idea is good, but the implementation would be tricky. Someone would have to vet the posts and police them for honesty. Too many dishonest and greedy 'folks' in the world.

I think a listing of charities that take donations of entire collections, etc, would be legit though.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers