Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Has anyone dealt with German shipping...

in the past month or so? I have a substantial package heading my way from Munich, and I assume routed through Frankfurt, and was wondering if I'm still looking at a three month delivery window like last Fall.

Any recent experience?

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a small Registered parcel shipped in mid-June. Took just under 2 weeks to reach me on the East Coast.
    It sat in Frankfurt for a week or so.

A similar-sized Registered parcel from France mailed on the same day took only 4 days.

I did not experience any delay in US Customs.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 3, 2021 9:54PM

The 3 month delivery situation seemed to have been resolved by February. Most things from Deutsche Post seem to be back on their typical 10-20 day delivery schedule. Most things for me have been closer to 3 weeks than 2 weeks,

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope all is well Cacheman and that your package arrives safely and timely

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only registered mail shipment I've ever made that's been lost was lost in Germany.

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MasonG said:
    The only registered mail shipment I've ever made that's been lost was lost in Germany.

The only one I lost was from Germany. They sent it to AUS instead of USA by accident. User error. I got my refund. It happens.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

Thanks everyone, I guess I'll sit and wait.

• Options
    cachemancacheman Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

Geez Louise...Got notification that the package will arrive at my home here in Oregon on Monday the 9th...eleven days is all it took.

That settles it, I'm having the other material, from the same source, shipped to me this week. I'm going to ask them to make the packages as generic as possible. This could be difficult since they will contain multiple 250mm-350mm diameter foundry casts/master reduction models in each package... B)