Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

new ebay sports card pricing guide?

anyone else get the beta email?

can't imagine how many bugs or overly complicated they will make it...

Comments

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 4:37PM

I got it, tried to read it...but but got sidetracked by work....seemed like a lot of work just to figure out what they were trying to tell me!

• Options
    ringerringer Posts: 342 ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 4:44PM

I couldn't figure out how it worked. But i didn't try that hard either.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:
    I got it, tried to read it...but but got sidetracked by work....seemed like a lot of work just to figure out what they were trying to tell me!

glad it wasn't just me. i was all over the place. something about uploading all your cards for a display, possible trading, lightning fast listings and so many different links to hit that take you in every direction except what it actually is. i've seen nothing that resembles a price guide in the wormhole i got sucked down

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of ebay's price guide, been using it for donkey's years. I type in my search criteria then toggle "show only sold items", easy peasy...

• Options

@Jayman1982 said:
    I'm a big fan of ebay's price guide, been using it for donkey's years. I type in my search criteria then toggle "show only sold items", easy peasy...

until they quit showing best offers. then it's been 130point.com for me. or the tax.exe function if 130 is down.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@Jayman1982 said:

until they quit showing best offers. then it's been 130point.com for me. or the tax.exe function if 130 is down.

Is the tax.exe the page source search? I know the old page source search does not work anymore..

• Options

@NGS428 said:

@blurryface said:

@Jayman1982 said:

Is the tax.exe the page source search? I know the old page source search does not work anymore..

yes, but hadn't had to use it lately bc 130point is back up and running. but that stinks. was the easy go to

• Options

I got the eBay collection beta. I clicked into it and it stated I only had 40 cards in my collection. Kinda stopped looking after that.

• Options

@blurryface said:

@NGS428 said:

@blurryface said:

@Jayman1982 said:

yes, but hadn't had to use it lately bc 130point is back up and running. but that stinks. was the easy go to

It was, but no longer works….

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@Jayman1982 said:

slabwatch.com is my go to lately!

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

You have to put your own collection in for pricing? I’d use it if I can search past auctions. I don’t think another website needs to know my collection.

• Options

@jayhawke said:
    You have to put your own collection in for pricing? I’d use it if I can search past auctions. I don’t think another website needs to know my collection.

It finds past purchases and automatically adds them. But it does not seem to add them all, at least in my case it didn’t add them all.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

Not impressed. It auto-loaded some of my prior purchases which includes 2 of the same PSA 10 card with different descriptions but each has the key words - player, year, manufacturer, card number, PSA 10. One “eBay market value” is $146 and the other is $113. I get that they might not match to the cent, but that’s a significant difference. Hard to trust it, and what’s the point if I then have to go look at completed sales to see what the right value is?

Jim

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭

You probably put your own collection in so that is part of the IRS tracking stuff. Most people will need to establish values when they sell things. Every change over the past few years has led to taxes in some way. Uncle SAM wants his.