Home Q & A Forum
Options

Michael Lantz 1948 Coin Halves

I am new to forum and joined because I need some information on two wooden plaques each with a front and back coin half. The first one is Michael Lantz 1948 Golden Anniversary of New York and the second plaque has "Blessed Are The Meek For They Shall Inherit the Earth". Both have Michael Lantz 1948 in tiny letters on one half of the coin. They are 2 3/4" in diameter. I have no idea if they are of any value due to them being "halves" and mounted on wooden plaques. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photos?

• Options

• Options

Good photos but still not sure what we're looking at.

Are there two wooden plaques with two medallions set into each?

One pair seems to be Greek based.

The other pair seems to be commemorating a 50th anniversary. I googled the text on the medal and it says it was the golden anniversary of NY Fashion.

These are basically decorative pieces. If the artist was a major sculptor then that would add value.

• Options

yes, two wooden plaques each with tow medallion halves both by the same artist Michael Lantz in 1948. I figured that they were not very valuable and other than the info in the link below could not find out anything. Thanks for your response :)
    https://medallicartcollector.com/michael-lantz_medals.html

• Options

@taylor123 said:
    yes, two wooden plaques each with tow medallion halves both by the same artist Michael Lantz in 1948. I figured that they were not very valuable and other than the info in the link below could not find out anything. Thanks for your response :)
    https://medallicartcollector.com/michael-lantz_medals.html

Sounds like a recognized artist.

Your plaques may each have two medals mounted in the wood. According to your link the NY medal has two sides.

I assume the other medal might be the same, so you might have 4 medals in total.

These are legitimate art medals. No idea on value but nice works of art in nice condition. Not sure how they are mounted to the wood - the hidden sides might have issues.