Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2021 RCM Black and Gold Grey wolf coin

Ok I know there are lots people who don’t like RCM due to gimmicky coins, but I had to have this one based on the nice design- a little gold and rhodium plating on a silver coin. Whaddaya think?

Comments

• HalfDimeDudeHalfDimeDude Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it! Very cool image and color . And yes many do accuse the RCM for granny bait items.
    However and I truly hate to say this but the RCM and Perth design ,and mint coinage that puts our mints products to shame! I do believe it was the RCM that started putting 5 ~ 9's on their gold maple leafs first.

"That's why I wander and follow La Vie Dansante"

• pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

RCM is very innovative, that's for sure. And they have some great artists.

But that coin is a bit gimmicky. No worse than the Austrian niobium coins though.

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 5:59PM

it is called: making $$$$$$$
    selling what brings the most $$$$$$
    and never mind the real collectors... and never mind all the forgeries out of CHina..
    the RCM or any other mint does not give a Rats a.....s as long as the $$$$ add up.
    seriously... they get away with legal robbery. Why??? because they are owned by the GOV.
    oh but they give you a CoA??? yes, sometimes you buy those by the dozens on the bay...
    How can anyone with a good conscience offer a CoA which is not enclosed and sealed and identified as original with the respective item???? and which can be checked on a website on the RCM site????
    let's call a spade a spade....

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

@YQQ said:
    and never mind the real collectors... and never mind all the forgeries out of CHina..
    the RCM or any other mint does not give a Rats a.....s as long as the $$$$ add up.
    seriously... they get away with legal robbery. Why??? because they are owned by the GOV.
    oh but they give you a CoA??? yes, sometimes you buy those by the dozens on the bay...
    How can anyone with a good conscience offer a CoA which is not enclosed and sealed and identified as original with the respective item???? and which can be checked on a website on the RCM site????

That said, Canada does mine a lot of gold. And I'm sure the government wants to encourage that export, so they buy bars from the miners and sell finished coins for export.

Just like Mexico mines and sells a lot of silver for export.

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:

What is real collectors?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

Amen brother. I’ve plenty of “real” collector coins but I also like to accumulate contemporary coins that appeal to me - maple leafs, great engravers, queens beasts, etc. I respect everyone’s hobby, but there’s so much artistry and engraving talent out there that I like to keep my mind open.

Ajaan
    Lets first of all make a difference between a Collector and a dealer. A dealer will deal with anything resembling coins and for any $$$ reason.

A real collector IMO is someone who collects Value not based on the performance of the metal, but on the coin's own merit to be rare, old, and usually not easy to find..and is a circulation coin and has been circulated.
    The garbage today is made strictly for profit, not for circulation.
    If some others just collect/ assemble everything a mint produces just for-profit and not for circulation, I guess it is their business. The law does allow it as it was changed for that very purpose, allowing the RCM to produce whatever makes a big profit. Just try and return/ exchange one of these rounds at The Bank of Canada. you would think it should not be a problem??? and, in any case, it is only worth FV and they give you a coupon to be used towards a purchase for some other of their garbage.
    I also believe that today's technology produces machinery where ERRORS are nearly impossible and the Mint still "manages" some very unusual errors. Why::: to keep the "collectors" interest up for the Garbage they produce.
    In most cases, there is NO serious relationship to collecting.
    Have u ever seen an $ 8 silver coin in circulation, actually being used for payment?
    I bet most of you are not even aware that such junk is being legally produced by the RCM, but it can not be used as "legal" payment. Bank cashiers will not exchange it either unless the Silver content is much larger than FV.
    At the same time, PRoC is having a heyday producing this junk and selling it as authentic, yes, even with the 4 or 5 nines in it. Check it out for yourself. 5 years ago I purchase a collection of Canadian silver coins, mostly pre 1950.
    there was also an album of BUNC $ 5,10 15 rounds and other denomination coins. of 65 of them...26 were magnetic "silver " coins. I rest my case!!
    Pruebas:
    Canada Gold ML's is totally another matter, as they are, if authentic, based on the current Metal price.
    And YES, there are Chinese ML forgeries out there also.

@YQQ said:
    Ajaan
    Lets first of all make a difference between a Collector and a dealer. A dealer will deal with anything resembling coins and for any $$$ reason.

A real collector IMO is someone who collects Value not based on the performance of the metal, but on the coin's own merit to be rare, old, and usually not easy to find..and is a circulation coin and has been circulated.
    The garbage today is made strictly for profit, not for circulation.
    If some others just collect/ assemble everything a mint produces just for-profit and not for circulation, I guess it is their business. The law does allow it as it was changed for that very purpose, allowing the RCM to produce whatever makes a big profit. Just try and return/ exchange one of these rounds at The Bank of Canada. you would think it should not be a problem??? and, in any case, it is only worth FV and they give you a coupon to be used towards a purchase for some other of their garbage.
    I also believe that today's technology produces machinery where ERRORS are nearly impossible and the Mint still "manages" some very unusual errors. Why::: to keep the "collectors" interest up for the Garbage they produce.
    In most cases, there is NO serious relationship to collecting.
    Have u ever seen an $ 8 silver coin in circulation, actually being used for payment?
    I bet most of you are not even aware that such junk is being legally produced by the RCM, but it can not be used as "legal" payment. Bank cashiers will not exchange it either unless the Silver content is much larger than FV.
    At the same time, PRoC is having a heyday producing this junk and selling it as authentic, yes, even with the 4 or 5 nines in it. Check it out for yourself. 5 years ago I purchase a collection of Canadian silver coins, mostly pre 1950.
    there was also an album of BUNC $ 5,10 15 rounds and other denomination coins. of 65 of them...26 were magnetic "silver " coins. I rest my case!!
    Pruebas:
    Canada Gold ML's is totally another matter, as they are, if authentic, based on the current Metal price.
    And YES, there are Chinese ML forgeries out there also.

Wow, and I thought I was opinionated!

edited August 1, 2021 8:33AM

that is all you have to say??? concerning "legal robbery"?
    Above are hardly only opinions! check it out for yourself.
    There is no doubt about this: these NCLT (non-circulation legal tender) items produced by the RCM are very attractive.
    Even to a point where some of them might have some collectors numismatic value "down the road".
    They are exclusively and legally produced by the RCM for one reason only: extremely high Profits.
    And, I said it before: there is a very high number of forgeries in circulation. even with real fake "official" OCA's.
    we could discuss this until the cows come home....it would not change facts.
    All I can suggest is that anyone who buys any of that stuff should as an absolute minimum, use a magnet on the item and buy only from a reputable seller.