Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Herrera catalogue

I can't find much about this catalogue and only see a few references on some NGC slabs and some old books such as the one below. Seems like a spain and new world span proclamation catalogue? Anyone know more about it? I'm trying to find more information about this medal: https://es.ucoin.net/coin/mexico-8-reals-1789/?tid=97653
I couldn't find much under Krause UC# 107 either. Thanks!

https://www.jstor.org/stable/43588063?seq=4#metadata_info_tab_contents

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 5:52PM

Here are two books by Herrera in the Luedeking library sale. It would appear that the one you refer to is the first one on Proclamation medals and Juras. Most of us probably have the Cayón reprint of this since the original is a collectible in it's own right.

• Options

Perfect thank you.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

The piece is also listed in Grove, which is more easily obtained. Not my specialty, but the value seems to be something like $400-500.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

@MrEureka said:
    The piece is also listed in Grove, which is more easily obtained. Not my specialty, but the value seems to be something like $400-500.

Thank you... Would it be Groove's C-70? Don't have access to it either and couldn't find much online about it.

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jpaquequo said:

@MrEureka said:

Thank you... Would it be Groove's C-70? Don't have access to it either and couldn't find much online about it.

I won't get back to my catalog until Monday. @pruebas ?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.