Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Do you really want to sell?

I have been trying to buy off of BTS for the last 3 weeks. It seem people want to talk about what they have, might negotiate 5-10 dollars on a 350.00 item, then bump it -pump it to the top, or my favorite TTT. Offer it fairly and reduce the drama down to do you want it or not. I want to buy a lot and sell a lot. Not looking to make your new 2021 vette payment, just buy fairly.

Comments

• Options
    FranklinHalfAddictFranklinHalfAddict Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is TTT?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FranklinHalfAddict said:
    What is TTT?

To The Top. When you post TTT or anything else the thread moves to the top of the forum.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

It's not nor will it ever be a perfect world. There are plenty of fair sales on this BST forum.

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

The majority of what I have seen posted on the BST consists of items that are not rare. So, if you don't like the seller's price, continue shopping elsewhere. The sellers know what they have, so trying to talk them into accepting a very low offer won't get you anywhere. Sellers also have alternatives: auction houses or specialty dealers for better coins and exonumia, coin organizations (e.g., EAC), bullion dealers, wholesale buyers for things like average circulated Buffalo nickels, etc., or even e-bay.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a sellers market with many dealers paying over retail to get material. Perhaps viewing a few large dealer sites compared to retail pricing will help you understand where the coin market is at this time.

• Options
    CoinfolioCoinfolio Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

I have some stuff on here with make offer.

• Options
    blaircountycoinblaircountycoin Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

All of the feedback I receive here is good information. It's mainly frustration speaking. I sold a coin yesterday that I had fairly priced. They offered me 9.00 less and I sold. Likewise I had a 300.00 coin for sale and had 2 offers of 100.00. I do not low ball, just try to buy at a reasonable price.Thanks as always for your comments.

• Options
    CoinfolioCoinfolio Posts: 259 ✭✭✭

Most of the folks on here that are legit, are as they used to say in the antique business " bedroom dealers".

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 2:41PM

Ha neither offer was from me, I thought I was the only low baller on here :)
    Al
    Actually I like buying and selling on BST made many transactions both ways

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

@Coinfolio said:
    Most of the folks on here that are legit, are as they used to say in the antique business " bedroom dealers".

I resemble that!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the bst. I have had some very pleasant transactions with various members. I don't lowball although I do negotiate. I appreciate everyone who shows their wares. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blaircountycoin said:
    All of the feedback I receive here is good information. It's mainly frustration speaking. I sold a coin yesterday that I had fairly priced. They offered me 9.00 less and I sold. Likewise I had a 300.00 coin for sale and had 2 offers of 100.00. I do not low ball, just try to buy at a reasonable price.Thanks as always for your comments.

What are you basing your pricing on---how did you arrive at $300 for the coin you were trying to sell? Was it certified or raw, and what was it? Did it have meaningful eye appeal, or were there some issues (carbon spots, unappealing toning, etc.)? Very common coins are not easy to sell, unless you are prepared to accept low wholesale pricing. One thing you should not do is base your pricing on what you paid--this is not relevant to potential buyers.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have bought a number of items on BST. No issues what so ever. I ask for their best price, they give it. No drama, no low ball.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Nice to know that there are more decent than not. Maybe I picked the wrong ones. I like to deal with best offers too. Makes buying a lot easier. Especially when you are a serious buyer. Maybe I need to get more active here. You have a lot of activity . It might be like e-bay. I think the higher score the more comfort level. Thanks for your input. Always welcome.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blair- there are some great guys and gals here. I would by again from any of the guys under my tag line

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

BST is a great venue ... keep looking and keep offering !!!! GLWS !!!

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@calgolddiver said:

Are we supposed to know what GLWS means? :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@calgolddiver said:

Are we supposed to know what GLWS means? :#

my apology ... good luck with sale

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to say but your post count along with time as a member here might be an issue on being taken serious.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

Noted. I hope to improve upon that. I am humbled to be here and appreciate all the knowledge this forum has to offer.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many of us have done dozens and hundreds of deals with each other over the years. And we've also negotiated and were either not 1st to buy, or couldn't come to terms, and the deal didn't work out. Either way, mostly friendly and low risk (and fee) place to trade. Advice is to be polite and reasonable and build two'way BST Trust

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the BST.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

In other words . . . .

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 9:04PM

I’ve done numerous transactions on the BST both as a buyer and seller. I’ve always tried to price my coins fairly when selling and I have realistic expectations as a buyer. Every seller on the BST has their own unique strategy. Some think they’re a retail dealer, some don’t check their emails, and some are clueless but if the seller is motivated you should be able to consummate a deal. Bottom line if you see something you like PM the seller and take it from there. If they have unrealistic expectations call it a day and move on. No reason to get frustrated.

My favorite BST acquisition:

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you really want to buy mine
    Do you really want to take my coins. Do you really want to hurt me? Do you really want to make me cry..

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    In other words . . . .

This is literally my new wallet, been needing a new one for a while so decided to get one I really liked.

To the OP

I find the BST to be a an excellent venue as others have stated above, but also an opportunity to learn about pricing expectations vs. liquidity.

It's all about what the people want...