Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Can't Get Much for GBP 1.20. The Old Fashioned Way, One Florin at a Time

I liked the other GB post so put some up here - there might be a small surprise in here if you look closely:

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice... the 1892 is an underappreciated date. You have some submission candidates there... I would submit the 1892 and 1913

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    gscoinsgscoins Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

A "surprise"? Is the 1902 florin at left of center a matte proof? It certainly looks pretty!!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't fool you guys.

I was only disappointed by the poor photographs, as they are much nicer than they appear. I bought the 1892 from Colin Cooke about 20 years ago, but didn't record the 1913. They are so lovely in hand with cartwheel luster!

Yes, that is a matte proof with sensational fields that are actually semi-reflective (not polished!) . The 1906-08 are also very nice and perhaps were gotten from DNW back in the good ole' days along with a "raw" 1905 that they had referred to as best ever seen.
    I handpicked the 1894, 1895 and 1898 in the same era as I wanted top coins if I could find them as I did a date run which will forever be short the 1851 and with a couple that need upgrades...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.